Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » My goodness, it may be true....

Author Topic: My goodness, it may be true....
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the Onion:

Klingon Speakers Now Outnumber Navajo Speakers

------------------
Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.
~Groucho Marx, "Animal Crackers"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Klingon Way ... ...contains everything from recipes for Durani lizard skins to the proper way to address a B'rel Scout...."

Ettiquette tip for Klingons: "When addressing a B'rel Scout, be certain to write legibly, using ink or paint of a contrasting color. Also remember that the Klingon postal service will deliver nothing unless the proper postage is prominently displayed in the upper-right corner. Failure to do so is an insult to the postal carrier's honor, and he may challenge you to the rite of "Koh-Kin Tah Ya Keh", or (rendered in English) "Ordeal by Envelope".

This does not sound very terrifying until you realize that Klingon Envelopes are constructed of coarse wood with many splinters. The element of Danger involved in licking the adhesive of such an envelope assures the recipient that you would not have sent the message unless it was really important.

------------------
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited August 01, 1999).]

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*o_O*

Yikes!

------------------
"It is important to get up when you fall...for this much I know to be true: That thing we call Failure is not in the falling down, but the staying down."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks at Jay's sig* That's the second sig I've seen in as many days that has a quote that I've used in one of mine. What's going on here? *L*

------------------
"Essentially, a great rock in space."
-Spock, describing the Regula planetoid, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

{Hey, George Lucas, hey Paramount, base an alien language entirely on Navajo: trick people into learning old dead systems!}

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How sad.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps