Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Am I Crazy?

Author Topic: Am I Crazy?
Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or just a little strange?

If you don't already know, I'm the boyfriend of Ryan, the one Cappy is trying to keep out. *LOL* Now, she and I have met In real life (circa May 1999). She payed for a choir trip to see me......so.....I want to prove that she's not the only one who can pay for a trip. I intend to complete this rather ambitious checkist.

1. Work for 4 months, earning $3900.oo CAN, while attending home-schooling.
2. Use this money to purchase a vehicle.
3. Pass my road test so I can get my real licence.
4. Then in December of 1999...Travel, alone in my new car, fresh out of the Learner's Licence stage, on the icy roads of British Columbia, Washinton, Oregon, and California, to see Ryan... stopping to see an'on and Charles Capps (or at LEAST inscribe "Coddman was here" on the dust on his Chevy Blazer, tee hee) on the way. Then make the trip back doing the same things.

......Is this goona work? *LOL* Anyone done something like this before?

------------------
...Approaching the big 250...

[This message has been edited by Coddman (edited August 17, 1999).]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You spend a lot of time with Ryan, and wonder if people think YOU'RE the crazy one? Hmm. Now, surely, it's not going to cost four grand to fly down to California. That is a far more realistic option.

------------------
"Wait a minute - this isn't the Monsterometer, it's the Frog Exaggerator!"

- Professor Frink

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First One: What do you mean by, "and wonder if people think YOU'RE the crazy one?"

......Where's the fun in flying? Where's the challenge? Where's....the road trip?

------------------

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mean, compared to the weapons-grade nuttiness exhibited by young Ryan, your background-level loopiness rather fades out of sight.

Flying: quick, easy, nice stewardesses, in-flight meal.

Road Trip: long, expensive (fuel), Canadian-hating rednecks, plus everything that's ever gone wrong in a road trip movie. You'll think it'll be "Vanishing Point" or "Two-Lane Blacktop" but it'll turn out as "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" combined with "Doc Hollywood." With a side order of "Thelma & Louise." In other words, "Easy Rider" after Jack Nicholson dies, as opposed to before.

------------------
"Wait a minute - this isn't the Monsterometer, it's the Frog Exaggerator!"

- Professor Frink

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a Darn minute I keep hearing about Ryan, but who the hell is Ryan and what has she done? No really I am just wondering.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I routinely run any car with Canadian plates off the road. It makes it easier to yank them out, blind them, and put them to work in my underground salt mine.

------------------
"Hey Mr. Boo, fly away home. Your house is so lovely, your children so nice."
--
Hello (The Band)

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coddy:
As someone who has done a lot of driving, and never been on a plane, take a plane.
You would be an inexperenced driver, on some of the more treacherous roads on the north american continent, in the middle of winter. Bad Juju! You need a full year under your belt before taking a drive like that alone.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What they said. And if you get to see Charles before I get a chance to see him, I'll kill you. That goes double for an'on.

------------------
"Elevator to hell, going up." - What Dreams May Come

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

First One: Ryan isn't crazy......you don't know her too well if you think that. A bit hyper, maybe....a tad strange...but not crazy.
AND BTW ..... I'll be driving a '91 Pontiac Firefly convertible. A sweet 55 miles to the gallon.

HMS: Ryan is my girlfriend. But nobody here would know that. :P @ Cappy

*walks AS FAR AWAY FROM SOL as possible*

Kosh: HA! *LOL* I have five years of off-road driving experience, 5 months of which have been on-highway, with my learner's licence. At the time I intend to do this road trip, I will have had almost six years of total combined experience. I'm one of those kids who's dad taught him how to drive at an early age...I've been obsessed with driving for years.

Jubilee: Neahhh! You're in CT! You can't get me!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Coddman (edited August 17, 1999).]

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've met an'on.... MANY times! *grin* She comes to my band concerts and marching band shows and stuff... she's awesome

And as for the road trip: If it was ANYONE else, I'd say don't do it... but it's you Cody, and because of that I'm just not going to say anything good or bad... hehehe... if anyone can pull it off, it's you, but there will probably be some INTERESTING happenings along that way *L*

~LOA

------------------
The greatest single cause of athiesm in the world today are christians who acknowledge things with their lips and then walk out the door and deny them by their lifestyle.

THAT is what and unbelieving world simply finds Unbelievable.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to post a simple "yes" message, referring to the subject heading, (after all, you are the man who brought us Nostradamus,) but decided not to.

Gee, from what little I've picked up, sounds like you've got an... interesting girlfriend there. I wish I knew the whole story behind this all, especially as I'm a pretty good judge of who's a toys-in-the-attic whacko compared to who's just eccentric or attention-starved, having experienced all three states in my own lifetime. (I was a whacko from January to July, 1989, for circumstances I rarely discuss but which had a profound effect on my personal and spiritual life. Nuff 'said.)

I assume the question is "are you crazy to make such a journey?" I'd say not. Not yet, anyway. If it turns out disastrously and you make it AGAIN, THEN you're crazy.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

LOA:
I don't doubt it.
Interesting? Yes. I don't doubt that either......Hmm. Alone in a firefly in largely unfamiliar territory. Fun? Yes. Strange? Definately. Interesting? Of course!! LOL

First of Two:
Yes, Ryan is interesting, even if she isn't crazy. So interesting, that I want to see her IRL again. That's where my crazy plan comes in.......*LOL* You gotta understand though! If it was JUST seeing Ryan, I would fly to CA, and not drive. But I want to mix seeing Ryan with a road trip.....never been on one this big, and certainly never been on one by myself. I want to attempt something big. And I want to win at it. Is that truly so insane? *L*

------------------

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, road-trips are all well and fun if you've got a bunch of pals (preferably reliable ones) and can agree on what tunes to play, but driving long distance solo can be trouble

PS: used to live in Michigan. One winter, went off the snowy road and hit a tree. This was in broad day light, I was stone-cold sober, and after a full night's sleep.

If you're driving long distance through unfamiliar territory, alone, in winter weather, possibly operating on a heavy sleep debt, expect at least a little trouble along the way.

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

Xentrick: I know the trip isn't without it's risks.......there's probably a lesson or two to be learned here, as well......but I will just have to learn them the hard way, being the fool that ah am. *LOL*

------------------

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand now I have seen the light, btw Coddman yes you are crazy, but so is everyone else so join the club;-). But I have just a had an interesting conversion with Ryan and she seems well kind of normal, well as normal as you can get around here . Well on course I am always an agent of Chaos so I understand that sometimes we go out of insane temporarly (I am a well behaved agent of Chaos though that isn't normal is it?). O well who I am to disagree with everyone else on this board, but I do, why because I can, O well I guess this won't make me any friends but never have been in the in Crowd anywhere (well except where I work and that's because I am old as dirt there and there are so few people work there) so I will go against the grain.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps