Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Some personal info.... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Some personal info....
LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay... well... I've tried to post this stuff a few times earlier in the week, but I never got around to actually submitting it, in part because I doubt any of you even CARE.... but still... I've decided that I'm actually going to post it now, simply because I have nothing better to do....

A few things have happened this week... maybe this post is more suitable for the flame board, I don't know.... anyway, a few pretty serious things have happened in my life this week, the first and foremost being that after a long battle, I've lost again, and I'm having severe problems in my wrist which may force me to cut off any and all access I have to the 'net, for my own safety....

About 1.5 years ago, I was diagnosed with severe tendonitis in my right wrist. At the time of the diagnosis, I'd already battled the pain associated with it for a year and a half prior.... I was also told that I may have the onset of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, but after doing some recent research, I've realized that my symptoms have changed, and are not Carpal Tunnel like at all anymore...

Anyway, one would asume that the wrist ailments came from using the computer... but oddly enough, they didn't... at the time I was diagnosed, I could barely turn a computer on... I hardly used them at all... I really got this from playing in band... yes, that's right folks-- about 50% of all musicians will suffer from some type of Music-related injury in their career... and at the age of 15, I officially became one of them

Well, to get on with the story, from the diagnosis, I ended up in physical therapy, on numerous meds, and doing many EXCRUTIATING treatments... it's true, I guess--no pain, no gain! After a few months I got out of therapy, only to end up back in it a few months after THAT....well, now I've been out of therapy again for almost 10 months, and I've fought every day to KEEP out of therapy... but alas, I've failed and finally, last monday, my boyfriend helped me see the light, and I realized that I'm fighting a losing battle with MYSELF, and that the pain I suffer with day to day is going to push me over the edge soon if I don't get some help...

So on Thursday, I'm going to go see my Orthopedic surgeon again... I hate that man, hate him with a passion! But at this point I'm desperate.

This last week I've been in so much pain that it's brought me to TEARS a few times... and I've had a lot of hard realities finally come back and hit me in the face-- realities like the fact that I can never be a professional musician, even though talent wise, I have what it takes to go ANYWHERE... or at least, so I've been told...

I've also realized that I can no longer be totally independant. It's time for me, LOA, to rely on others for support... physical, moral, and emotional... So I'm going to be relying on my friends, family, and teachers now to get me through this.. and above all, I'm going to be relying on God...

Now this is probably too much personal info for you, and you're most likely bored senseless, wondering WHY I'm telling you this anyway, and WHAT this has to do with ANYTHING, so here's the part where I tell you...

My music means the world to me... so does my computer.... but now is the time in my life where 'm going to have to make some tough decisions.... my music can't go.. not now, not yet... I'm committed to too many different things... so everything else in my life has to give so that I can continue on.... therefore, after this Thurs, it's very possile that you won't see me again for quite some time... if the doctor tells me the the computer has to go, then it's going.... and so I wanted to make you all aware of it...

When/if the computer goes, I can still be reached by e-mail... but don't count on responces, because I don't know when and if you'll get them...

I'll try to remain in touch with Charles, or at the very least I'll have one of my RL friends remain in touch with him, so if you for some reason DESPERATELY need to get a message to me, or if you just want to know how I'm doing, Charles is the man to talk to....

Anyway, I wanted to make you all aware of these circumstances... I may not end up losing the computer, there's no way to know... but I wanted to let you know, just in case it happens, so you can all be warned... at the very least, even if I DON'T lose the computer, I will still be on MUCH less than normal because everytime I sit down to type anymore, the pain is too extreme for me to even put into words. And it's not just typing.. it's everything... the pain has never been like this before, and it just keps getting worse. So no matter what, things are going to be chaing for me... Anyway, now you know, whether you wanted to or not....

*sigh* And also.... one other even that happened this weekend... just so that it never comes up again when speaking of me, I am no longer dating my boyfriend.... we ended the relationship yesterday evening. Now, there are absolutely NO hard feelings at all between us, and we're still the best of friends.... *smile* Anyway, I just wanted tolet you all know, but I'm not going to go into that detail anymore. :-)

Now that I've managed to write a novel for you guys, I think it's time for me to sign off... sorry to take up too much of your time, but thanks for bearing with me anyway...

~LOA

------------------
*in memory of Ralph*

"Ch-ch-ch-CHIA!"

May his terracotta soul rest in peace...

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOA> Well, what you said is a doozy, and I'd like to say that I personally hope the best for you, amd hope you find happiness with what you do. You will be missed, but not forgotten.

------------------
"That is the exploration that awaits you: Not mapping the stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possiblities of existence." - Q, All Good Things...

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bigass sigh*

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes. All I can say is, get well soon. Or the nearest approximation! 8)

As for abandoning computer use, how likely is that in the modern age? Granted trying just to use your left hand is gonna be difficult, but it's better than nothing. Of course, that's probably what you've been doing and I look really stupid right now. . .

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really sorry to read all that Liz and I won't claim that I remotely understand what you're going through because I don't. So I'll just mirror Lee's first comment and say that I hope you get well soon and that we see you in here again in the very near future.

------------------
"YOU SMEG!"

[This message was edited by Orion Syndicate on March 24, 1999.]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz, take care of yourself. I hope everything gets better really quick. Never lose your faith in yourself or your friends. Get well soon.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oof!

B'bye, LOA! I hope you can come back again!

------------------
Carpe Canem!

[This message was edited by Baloo on March 22, 1999.]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I don't know any of you guys very well, I can sure miss someone. Take care, LOA! Hope to see you around sometime if it's possible.

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with it all. We'll miss you, bet you come back strong!

------------------
Dramatis Personae

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope we'll see you back here soon Liz.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers are with you Liz

------------------
Wheeelersburg Correctional Facility
Inmate #05301999

Holst
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From one musician to another I wish you the best trying to fighting this disease. I've known a couple musician in my life that suffered and still suffers from tendonitis. But they still manage to make music a big part of their life. And I hope you'll to.

------------------
"It's good and well to leave the government in the hands of the perfect man but what happens when the perfect man gets a bellyache?" - Belgarath the Sorceror by David Eddings

[This message was edited by Holst on March 23, 1999.]

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... *speechless*

I hope they find some way to help you. I'm sure no-one wants you to drop off the face of the cyberspace Earth. But then, we certainly don't want you to be in pain.

Hm... I guess I wasn't quite speechless after all. But then, who's surprised at that? ;-)

------------------
"You're a looney."
-Graham Chapman, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So much to say, and no real way to say it. Therefore, I will reiterate what the others have said. Good luck Liz, and may you get well soon. I think we'd all like to see you grace these forums with your presence again.

------------------
Risk is our business! That's what this starship is all about....that's why we're aboard her!"

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Liz has viewed this thread since she posted it...
The more support we show, the better she will feel, ladies and gentlemen...
*small grin*

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps