Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What's it all aboot?

Author Topic: What's it all aboot?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bit late I know, but I've only seen the film recently.

So, how well did South Park: Bigger, longer and uncut do in Canada then?

------------------
"Ray...the next time someone asks you if you're a god you say 'Yes!'"
-Winston Zeddmore

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it did OK.

Yes, we eat Kraft Dinner. Yes, our police aren't exactly commandoes when it comes to law enforcement. But we don't say Aboot. Maybe the Newfs do, but our o's, while not as "ow"ish as the Americans, are no more "ew"ish than any other (dare I include "normal" here) English speakers.

------------------
"Well, I guess we're an Ovaltine family."
"MORE OVALTINE PLEASE!"
-American Radio Ads... *gag*... one more reason I'm glad to be above the 49th.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't even seen the movie, but thanks to the wonder that is the internet, I can't get that Brian Boitano song out of my head.

"And when Brian Boitano built the pyramids he beat up Kublai Khan!"

------------------
"Just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned."
--
They Might Be Giants

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He also used his "magical fire breath to save the maidens fair". I don't know perhaps the maidens would like him better if Brian took a breath mint .

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought he was Gay...

------------------
"If you will not have me as myself, Perhaps as someone else. Perhaps as you, I'll be worth noticing. Then even a eunuch won't resist, The power of one kiss, from such as me.
I'll be that girl: and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."
~ Barenaked Ladies

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not Kraft Dinner!

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What do you expect? They're Canadian!"

On thw whole I quite enjoyed it. Too many songs, it seemed sometimes, but then that was presumably intended to parody Disney.

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom you are SO wrong. "Aboot" is my boyfriend's new favorite word...I can't count how many times I've heard it uttered in the past week or so.

------------------
"You're just about as useful as .JPGs to Helen Keller."

- Weird Al (It's All About The Pentiums)

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Aboot"? Anyone care to run a definition on it, like we did with "goober"?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try saying "about" with a scottish accent...

Get it?

------------------
"You're just about as useful as .JPGs to Helen Keller."

- Weird Al (It's All About The Pentiums)

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Aha! Got it... Thanks.

------------------

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Jubes that doesn't change the fact that Brian's magical fire breath makes him, well, a little unpopular, and that he could use a breath mint . Anyway what's this post all aboot.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But if Brian Boitano didn't have his magical fire breath, how could he save said maidens?

On the subject of "aboot". Hmm...that one blonde lady on MuchMusic tends to say it like that.

------------------
"Just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned."
--
They Might Be Giants

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps