Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Help meeeeeee....... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Help meeeeeee.......
Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've become victim of the largest merchandising frenzy of the late 90's. Books, Guides, Games, and Cards. It's more addicting than Cigarettes. I'm 22! I shouldn't be subject to this kind of Bombardment. The catch phrase is even better than any other. I mean nobody really says "McDonalds", Coke is "The Real Thing" that tastes like battery acid from your car, Going "Cukoo" for Cocoa Puffs will land you in an institution, and Doing the Dew is just sick. I preferr "Gotta Catch 'em All." Yes you heard right, Gotta catch 'em all. I've become a Pokemaniac. Help anyone??????

------------------
Mitch: Something weird just happened to me.
Chris: Is it a dream where you are standing on top of a pyramid in sort of sun-god wardrobe, and thousands of naked women are screaming and throwing little pickles at you?
Mitch: No!
Chris: Why is it that I'm the only one who has that dream?

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Pokemon cartoon just started today to coincide with the fast that the Game Boy versions are only now being released in Europe -- that's a full year after the US, and FOUR after Japan. Not to mention the N64's Pocket Monster Stadium 1 and 2 are due PAL releases.

And to answer your question, NO, I cannot help you, Benjy, other than recommending suicide to spare yourself from seeing the Yellow One achieving world domination faster than CC ever dreamed possible.

There is no SHEEP Pokemon, is there? The cruel hand of irony might be too much for Our Illustrious leader to take.

Suffice to say, the Freak will inherit the Earth.

------------------
The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pokemon Arrrgggghhhh. Well at least you will be happy that WB is showing 7 episodes in a row on Saturday.

Pokemon is evil bad, bad, bad, bad. Die Pokemon .

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My nephew's son calls himself "Kid Pokemon".

On a side note, is a Pokemon the same thing as a Digimon? That's the name of a cartoon on the Fox channel that I just noticed a few weeks ago (I rarely watch anything except Cartoon Network on Saturday mornings.

--Baloo

------------------
In the race against ignorance, ignorance has a head start.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put my Magic cards in the closet 5 or 6 months ago. Pokemon had invaded the store, and it was harder to get a game on the weekdays. I played some last weekend, but I don't want to get back to the hooked level. Never learned Pokemon.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No! The Pokémons can't invade the Forums! This was the last safe haven! ARGH!!!! :-)

------------------
"Maybe they're trying to breed them..."
-guy in my math class, suggesting a reason for there being two overhead projectors in the classroom

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as the Borg say evertime they make new *friends*:

"Resistance is Futile!"

Gotta catch 'em all, gotta catch 'em all!

Pokemon!!

Pikachu, Pikachu, Pikachu's da bomb!!!!!!

------------------
"It's not right, but it's okay. I'm gonna make it anyway. Pack your bags, up and leave. Don't you dare come running back to me.

It's not right, but it's okay. I'm gonna make it anyway. Close the door behind, leave your key. I'd rather be alone than unhappy."

-Whitney Houston

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with TSN. We need to set up a blockade! Get those Shadow fleets in here!

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep them away Noooooo. I hate Pokemon. I hate Pokemon.
Did I say I hate Pokemon, yes I did.

In breaking news today HMS White Star is organizing a "We hate Pokemon" organization to keep Pokemon out of the Flare Forums. Does anyone want to join .

------------------

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in, Her Majesty's Shrink -

I can't find any more AA batteries for my brother's GB (and I'll be damned if I'm buying any for him), and seeing as Link's Awakening has embeded itself permanently in it, at least until I finish it, I don't think the the Yellow One will be violating my sanity for quite a while, thank you very much.

Anyone ever read Day of the Barney, btw? Only asking...

"Pik-a-CHUUU!"
"Steady men, the Shadow Cloud should do the trick."

...Dust settles...

"Oh shi.."

------------------
The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pikachu! Pika, Pikachu!

------------------
"If you will not have me as myself, Perhaps as someone else. Perhaps as you, I'll be worth noticing. Then even a eunuch won't resist, The power of one kiss, from such as me.
I'll be that girl: and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."
~ Barenaked Ladies

HMS White Star
Member # 174

Hey I know where we can get a Vorlon planet destroyer, cheap .

In late breaking news, world renouned agent of Chaos HMS White Star has discovered a Pokemon killing beam device. The evil leader of the Pokemon, Pikachu, in hearing this said "Pika, Uh Oh."

------------------

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pokemon? Bring 'em on.

Turn the Forums into a target-rich environment.

Lure them into a dis-used DS9 thread and it's good night furballs

A certain comic-collectors magazine ran a feature several months ago that combined top-selling comicbook heroes with Pokemon characters. My favorite was Punishu.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the cartoon that caused the epilepsy in those Japanese kids?
Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, First, it was. I had many flashing scenes. The English version cut that one out.

------------------
Mitch: Something weird just happened to me.
Chris: Is it a dream where you are standing on top of a pyramid in sort of sun-god wardrobe, and thousands of naked women are screaming and throwing little pickles at you?
Mitch: No!
Chris: Why is it that I'm the only one who has that dream?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps