Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » September 13th: Moon Explosion Day!

Author Topic: September 13th: Moon Explosion Day!
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
September 13, 1999: The Lunar nuclear waste dumps explode, blasting the Moon out of orbit and into deep space.

According to Gerry Anderson's Space: 1999, anyway!

This is scary. I was watching this show before many of you were born. And now here it is, 1999. It seemed such a long way away back then. . .

Want to know more about yesteday's futures? Go to Echoes of Futures Past.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fascinating site, I might add.

------------------
"Just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned."
--
They Might Be Giants

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya talkin'.

Does anyone besides me remember UFO or The Starlost?

And I'm still waiting for my flying car. I hope it gets here before I'm too senile to appreciate it!

--Baloo

------------------
In the race against ignorance, ignorance has a head start.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember Starlost, but UFO, oh yeah, and Moon Base Alpha. The only show that didn't put sound in space.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no moon! You're all imagining things!

Besides, the Johns almost pushed the button to either A) erase the moon from history or B) set off the bomb in the Man's head, exploding the moon.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool site: glad they mentioned Mister Plissken, but I notice they seem to have left out Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and Land of the Giants, both of which took place in the dazzling high-tech world of the mid-80's.

I mean, will have taken place. No, did would going to happened. Would-will might else to been.
----------------------------------------

For the past few years, I've been dreading 13 September 1999 as a potentially very unhappy day---

As a little boy, I loved this weird new "sci-fi" show called Space 1999, thought it was the coolest thing ever...and one day did the math of how old I would be in the far away year 1999.

I remember standing on the street corner just two blocks from school when I realized...Wow, I'll be really old. I tried to imagine what that would be like, what I would be like.

Now it's just days away, and I've gotta say, this isn't what I had in mind. The future ain't what it used to be, and that single moment of youthful optimism {rich with opportunity that will never come again} haunts me every year in mid-September. This year worst of all.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh-oh, Fun Bobby's stopped drinking again. . . 8(
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight I shall be frozen in terror to my telescope!
Waiting in dread of the terrible effects of ....eeek!...magnetic radiation!!!!

Gotta love Space: 1999, if only to collapse into hysterics at every feeble attempt at technobabble preceded by a wary "Oooo, I dunno John...!"

------------------
Oh Mr Rasberry, so sharp your juices!

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOHOO It's heeerrreee!

Don't feel bad Xen, I turn 40 next year, and it's not what I thought it would be either.

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BOOM!!
HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look it's true .
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=4348

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps