Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The NEWEST SUV! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The NEWEST SUV!
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to see that one do some major flips.

------------------
"I told you. You're dead. This is the afterlife. And I'm God."
--Q to Picard, "Tapestry".

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's some confusion between what you Yanks call an SUV and what we aussies call a 4wheeler. You see, a 4wheeler is for serious off roading, whilst the impression I get of yanky SUV's is that they are somewhat overstuffed, oversoftened and largely overpriced fuel guzzlers. (Badly assemled too, if the Suburban and cherokee are anything to go by). Correct me if I'm wrong?

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

Field Marshal Military Project
http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like something small, fairly quick, that seats four, is good on snow, and won't take a lot of damage in a collision (read: heavily armoured)

I'd have said a Bradley, but I hear those things can be deathtaps.

That way I could drive like all the $#%$#&@s in Fayette County and not have to worry.

"Hey! That guy's drunk! ...LET'S CRASH INTO 'IM!"

------------------
"We shall not yield to you, nor to any man." -- Freak, The Mighty.

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daryus, you're right on about the difference between SUV's and four-wheelers. 4x4s are used by labor-class people who need them to haul people or cargo over rough terrain: farmers, ranchers, forest rangers,etc.

SUV's, on the other-hand, have become a replacement for the traditional station wagon of the 1970's. They have the rep as tough 4x4's, but many of them are only two-wheel drive, and crash-tests have proven them as vulnerable to damage as common cars.

My brother refers to SUV's as grocery-getters, and I concur.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps