Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Good day sunshine. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Good day sunshine.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, today is the day I go back to college. I'm one of the last holdouts, I believe. (No doubt due to my going to, as Frank would tactfully put it, a "special" college. ) Just a community one, anyway.

So, all of you behave!

And yes, I realize I'm not typically here in the mornings anyway. But it's the principle of the thing. That and I want sympathy and lots of presents.

------------------
"And much of Madness, and more of Sin, and Horror the soul of the plot."
--
The Conqueror Worm, by Edgar Allan Poe

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sympathy, m'boy?
You're off to college, in what should be the most carefree and hedonistic part of your life. Sure, a big ball of H and He would *most likely* have seen, or indeed partaken in quite a few japes in it's time, but they all pale into insignificance when you arrive in college.

I arrived back in college last week, and proceeded to spend an inordinate amount of money on beer. And, unlike most of my countrymen and women, I recieve no grant from the Government, due to my father being a vocational school principal.

So, whingeth not, Sol, unless the net access at your 'special' school (what's so special about it?) is restricted. The coming few months will bring untold joys.

But remember, Brother Sol, the path of the Students is not an easy one; for joy and sorrow walk hand in hand.
(You should hear my Joe "Preacher" Sisko impression!)

Live the life, Brother Sol, live the life!

------------------
The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm scared.

------------------
"If you will not have me as myself, Perhaps as someone else. Perhaps as you, I'll be worth noticing. Then even a eunuch won't resist, The power of one kiss, from such as me.
I'll be that girl: and you would be right over. If I were a field, you would be in clover. If I were the sun, you would be in shadow. If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."
~ Barenaked Ladies

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Rubs hands together with glee and discovers Fire*

It's working -- BWAHA (you know the rest by now).

------------------
Gaseous Anomaly...

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*8472 speak* Sol System, your mind will be purged.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good advice, really.

------------------
--

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun.

My best mate has just gone to Liverpool university. (He had a year out). I'm feeling a bit upset. Just having my 20th birthday probably isn't helping either (I have never felt so old).

Ho hum.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*gives Liam a big huge wet slobbery birthday kiss*

Well, you ARE acting SexGoddess, aren't you? Goes with the territory. . . 8P*

------------------
"The next time the workplace seems especially hectic, remind yourself it could be worse: you could have two-dozen sharp-toothed creatures chewing on your nipples." - James Lileks

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Just so you all don't worry too much, this is the same college I was going to last year. I just wanted to talk about it.

------------------
--

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*faints*

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gaseous Anomaly said "You're off to college, in what should be the most carefree and hedonistic part of your life."

*Glares at Gaseous Anomaly* Tell that to my 60 hour work week on top of the 12 hours I go to school. Hedonistic I don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't drink, and have never had a date. In other words my life is going to be more execiting after college, because it has to be.

This rant was brought to you by HMS White Star, a really dull chap.

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos and a d*mn lucky b*st*rd:-) )

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

White Star: I worked like a trooper during the summer, going out about 5 times in all, making and saving enough money SO THAT I wouldn't have to work during the term, therefore freeing up time during the term so that I can study and finally enjoy the fruits of my labour.

No one is stopping you enjoying yourself, except yourself. Go mad. Even for a little while.

You might suprise yourself.

------------------
Gaseous Anomaly...

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and Liam.... You can stop being the acting SexGoddess now....... I have returned momentarily.

------------------
"Sully, for Shame! And don't be foolish! What are we trying to practice every day? If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see eachother once or twice?"
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't fire him! He does a good job.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fire him, Save us all!!!!!

------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's to dark to read. Groucho Marx

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps