Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ezri as a... Canadian?

Author Topic: Ezri as a... Canadian?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up here in the Great White North, we have something called the CBC (Televisionus moneydrainius).

There are three things I watch.. no let me rephrase that, ARE WATCHED on the CBC

• The National (News)
  • Hockey Night in Canada
  • Air Farce/22 Minutes (refer to thread elsewhere)
  • Simpsons Reruns

So frankly it didn't come as much of a surprise to me a while back when I saw an ad for a new series entitled "Dooley Gardens". I mean, my tax money is going into a lot of shows I've never heard of.

But imagine my surprise when I thought I spotted Nicole deBoer for all of 0.4 seconds in one of the ads.

Turns out she's had a regular role on this series concurrently with DS9, and nobody has known about it...

Even IMDb has no entry for the show.

The CBC does have a site available at http://www.tv.cbc.ca/dooleygdns/ , and much more info can be accessed via the link at the bottom.

Truly Bizarre. Anyone ever seen it?

------------------
    "......"
    �������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

• TSN
    I'm... from Earth.
    Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    *points to list* Erm... That's four things there, Tom... :-)

------------------
    "...brevity is the soul of wit, and tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes..."
    -Polonius to Queen Gertrude, Hamlet, act II, scene II

Diane
    aka Tora Ziyal
    Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Weird show! How could she be filming for DS9 and another Canadian show at the same time? (Considering the grueling schedule of television work) Unless it's filmed at Paramount also or another L.A. studio. If so, why would a Canadian show be filmed here?

------------------
    "I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
    --John Adams, "1776"

monkeyboy
    Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Yeah Why would a Canadian show go down south when so many shows from the south come up here to shoot??.

Canada is where many movie producers come to shoot cheaply.
    Heck,my town is known as the Hollywood North.

------------------
    I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
    LB4747
    Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    I think Nicole had just completed filmimg on that series when she got the DS9 job. I remember reading about it on one of the DeBoer fan sites.

------------------
    Lawrence Boucher
    "Half this game is ninety percent mental."--Yogi Berra
    "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
    The important thing is not to stop questioning."
    --Albert Einstein

IP: Logged
    Orion Syndicate
    He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
    Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Two shows with Nicole deBoer showing at the same time? *tries to hide his excitement* erm...will the other show be airing in Britain then, anyone?

------------------
    WARNING! This heamerroid cream should NOT be taken orally.

Brown_supahero
    Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Nicole played a Lezbian in Nation Lampoons movie.
    She also starred in a "teen" oriented Sci-Fi show Deepwater Black the role which helped her get into DS9. They had nicer uniforms

Quick Reply
    HTML is enabled.
    UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps