Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Student Council Elections

Author Topic: Student Council Elections
Holst
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok guys I need some help. Student Council elections are coming up and I'm running for activites co-ordinator. I'm up against 3 other people. Unfortunately, one of the people has formed a big @$$ party and they're planning to help each other. Even worse is that those people have none to very little experience in being active in the school. So I need some strategies to beat them.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

~begs on his knees~

------------------
"It's good and well to leave the government in the hands of the perfect man but what happens when the perfect man gets a bellyache?" - Belgarath the Sorceror by David Eddings

IP: Logged
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha. Never ran for anything in my school. Not popular enough.

------------------
"I have come to the conclusion that one man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three on the law become a congress! And by God I have had this Congress!"
--John Adams, "1776"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran for student council in eighth grade, and in all four years of high school. Lost every time. :-)

------------------
"Somebody put their fingers in the President's ears; it wasn't too much later they came out with Johnson's wax."
-They Might Be Giants, "Purple Toup�e"

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if this is high school, you gotta remember, its a popularity contest, period. Gotta do your best to be popular.

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get recongnized.
Get them to remeber u in a way.
Just remeber, don't pick up a cheesy name or slogan or it will dog u the rest of your years at school.

Eg" Vote for me, Get on the A-train with Adrian"

SOme goof got stuck with the atrain title for his entire school life cause of stupid gr 8 election.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Promise after school keg parties!!!

Well, it's one way to get elected.

------------------
To make an apple pie from scratch, we must first invent the universe.

~Carl Sagan

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Implicate the opposition in some illegal activity,
Tear down their posters by night,
Have your campaign spearheaded by scantily-clad girls giving out leaflets,
Ride around in a car with a PA system telling whoppers about what you'd do if elected.
Stand outside the voting hall and intimidate all voters.
Appeal to those who are apathetic, saying that you are standing in protest at the disgraceful attitude of those elected, who think they are gods because they got 5 of their friends to vote for 'em and were thus elected.
Work out a sponsorship deal with an alcoholic drinks company, hopefully involving free samples,
Tip off the police about your opponents drug habit/dubious taste in literature/posession of stolen goods, etc.

Most of the above have been used to good effect at my uni.

------------------
An unborn scream burst in my stomach,
and spread like cold mercury through my chest.
I covered my face with my hands, but kept looking through my fingers.
"Write that down!", he told the stick.
"Is visibly destroyed, yet unable to turn away".

- Blue Jam

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try humour, that usually works, but make sure that it is funny, and not going to backfire.

A friend of mine got elected in college because of this, but he also had some friends who all had a sick sense of humour, which usually goes down well in college amongst 16-18 year olds. They used sexual references in a lot of their posters which again works amongst this age group.

HOWEVER, if this is a high school, then this probably wouldn't be a good idea.

As Monty said, you could try to tarnish someone elses reputation, but this would only work if the voters will see it as funny. Once again, it worked in our college, but I must emphasise that we 1000 students of 1995-1997 at that college were highly disturbed, and so it worked a treat.

There's some pointers, I don't know how well they'd work in your school/college.

------------------
It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well..... my GF was publicity office @ Uni. her campaign consisted of the following...1) Show up at the bar every night and be a social butterfly...talk to EVERYONE...be interested in what they have to say...make then feel special... 2) Bleached hair very blond and cut it very short. 3) wore only the brightest red lipstick 4) bounced about college in a friendly manner. (the bouncing accentuated her breasts nicely)

I moved in about 3 weeks after this transformation...and who can blame me!

Not sure if any of the above will work for you...but the lippy is always worth a try!

------------------
I'm the Worlds First Fully Functional Homicidal Artist.....

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran for something in grade school, and lost.

Gee, if I didn't know he was in Scottland, I'd say Monty had some American campain experience.

I guess elections are the same everywhere.

------------------
Down for Upgrade

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Student council is all about popularity, so either be popular or forget it... I was lucky enough to be fairly popular in high school, but smart enough to realize that stu-co really doesn't do much of anything; at least they didn't in my school... and student government here at UT is a joke. Come February and March you can't walk around campus without people trying to coerce you to vote for one party or another, and they all accomplish precisely nothing once elected. Even real government isn't quite as pointless... at least they hold some power.

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps