Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Rugby World Cup Update (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup Update
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a Rugby club here in Charleston. I've never seen them, just know someone who was in it.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do hate the French, but if you saw the France vs New Zealand game, you'd have seen the French getting all of the English support. Despite the beef wars, the desire to get the cup into the Northern hemisphere seems to be greater. We'll wait until the match is over, and then start barracking the frogs again. I don't know how the Welsh feel about this because they traditionally hate the English, so they may support Australia just to spite us.

Going back to Lee's original post, the suggestion attributed to the Welsh would be funny, albeit sick.

------------------
Do business with us, or we'll ruin you.

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited November 01, 1999).]

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For you americans that don't know what Rugby is..

The game that you play when you get kicked off the Football team in college and the only way to keep your scholar ship is to play rugby, 'cause it is the only game close to Football. And when you play your first game you get penalize for an illegal hit. (You hit the guy like a saftey on a wide reciever except he don't get up and you start a brawl).

That's what happened to me!

right now i'm playing for a club team, i still play football as a player/coach. I intergrated some rugby plays in football.

What worked
Wide receivers doing grubber kicks.
Laterals
Lifting wide recievers like in line outs

What didn't
Rucks & mauls
Drop goals

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps