Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » God Hates Figs...?!?

Author Topic: God Hates Figs...?!?
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it isn't a typo.

I was looking around the web, trying to find Biblical support for or against homosexuality (See the thread spelled almost like this one in the Flameboard to see why) when I stumbled across this:

God Hates Figs!

Go fig!

------------------
"The Christian has nothing to fear from thoughtful investigation."
-- A. Lindsley
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL@the FAQ*

------------------
Avon: "You really do believe in taking risks, don't you?"
Tarrant: "Calculated risks."
Avon: "Calculated on what? Your fingers?"
-- Blake's Seven, Ultraworld

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL @ the website

LOLEL @ the website it is obviously mocking.

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, a DS9 reference in describing figs. There's a new one.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't read it all yet, but this struck me as one of the funniest things I've read recently...

If that's not enough, take a look at any science textbook or--God forbid--sex education book. Next to every single one of the perverted diagrams, you'll see the words "Fig 1, fig 2, fig 3..." That's because the soldiers of the Evil Army get a fig every time they warp a young and impressionable mind.

------------------
"Agh! Save me from the wee turtles!"
-Groundskeeper Willy, The Simpsons

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny thing is, I bet you could find people stupid enough to believe that... just like there are people who believe the framing lines on UPS symbols (two identical lines at the beginning, middle, and end of the barcode, which give the scanner calibration) stand for 6-6-6.

------------------
'In every country and in every age the priest has been hostile to Liberty; he is always in allegiance to the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection of his own." ---- Thomas Jefferson

Feste
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hilarious. Thanks, Baloo. Wonder if these are the same people who created the Landover Baptist site.

First of Two - the same kind of maniacs who see Satan in the UPS barcode are *still* insisting he's taken over Proctor & Gamble.

IP: Logged
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1st of 2: There are gullible people all over the world and adhering to every belief system imaginable. If it weren't for them, con-men would not exist.

--Baloo

P.S.: Actually, those 3 lines in the barcode mean "Baloo is the best candidate for world dictator, but he's seen what the job entails and doesn't want it". The Gnomes of Zurich were disappointed when I turned them down, but had to agree with my reasons, once they heard them.

------------------
Jesus saves.
Moses invests.
--Bumper Sticker

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Figures.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had a guy in school who was really gullible AND deeply religious... Thing is, when a couple of boys wrote 666 in red letters on his locker he got angry 'cause he thought they where hinting on a sexual tone. Well he wasn't the brightest of the bunch.
Don't know how he would react to figs though...

------------------
-You're crazy!!!
-Funny, I thought I was pisces!

Phred
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for the kind words about the site.
Praise always means more coming from Blake's 7
fans.

Anyway, to answer someone's question, I'm not
connected to Landover Baptist, although I love
their site. I'm pretty much a lone nut.

Take care,

Charles Anders

IP: Logged
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doncha love referer logs?

------------------
Avon: "You really do believe in taking risks, don't you?"
Tarrant: "Calculated risks."
Avon: "Calculated on what? Your fingers?"
-- Blake's Seven, Ultraworld

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

Gosh! We've been touched by greatness.

I'll never wash my keyboard again! (I wonder it it's top-rack safe?)

--Baloo

------------------
Oreos: <I>Ori-oz</I> (aleph-vav-resh-yud-ayin-zayin), translates as "my light is the source of strength."
--Lori's Mishmash Jewish Humor http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/6174/h--jewis.html

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps