Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » What are you all doing for NYEY2K?

Author Topic: What are you all doing for NYEY2K?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Years Eve Year 2000!?!

I'm presently not doing ANYTHING!

Oh I remember about 4 years ago saying I'm gonna do something BIG! but now its just a month and a half away - its just like any ole year...

maybe I'll sit and watch my computer implode!?!

side question: is it wise to use that Y2K bug for your computer - or is it unessecary - since I only really use the comp for music, art, the net and a little word processing...

Andrew

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I have skipped the millennium-bug completely, it's no fun at all.

About NYE: The way I see it I have two choices. Either I find a girl to hug-'n-kiss, or it's Kurt Cobain all the way! Meesa lonely.
And it's never more clear than at NYE.

------------------
-You are crazy.
-I thought I was pisces.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The highways get dangerous on NYE. I tend to stay home.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fishers of Men are doing a concert on NYE... need I say more about where I'll be? ;-)

------------------
"...my body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Men Suck. Except Ben & Jerry....

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hogmanay 1999 will probably be low key for me.

I'd like to do something extraordinary for the millennium on Hogmanay 2000, but since I presently haven't the foggiest where I'll be or what I'll be doing then, I thik i'll postpone a decision!

------------------
"You will be swept away....
You, your men, your ship, your WORLDS!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I originally had plans. Not big from a global perspective, I suppose, but big enough for me. But now, I'm thinking I'll go with plan B, which is me sitting on my roof playing the sax.

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol plays sax???

------------------
"...my body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Men Suck. Except Ben & Jerry....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certainly hope so. Otherwise I've been making a very large fool of myself over the years.

------------------
"And if we weren't good to you, Dave, you shouldn't take it all the way to your grave."
--
Will Rigby

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends.

If my folks stay home and avoid going the the party they've been invited to, then Julia and I will most likely watch TV and movies by a roaring wood fire in my basement.

If my folks go out, Julia and I will most likely IGNORE TV and movies by a roaring wood fire in my basement.

*note to self: make sure floor free from splinters this time*

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, depending on how things work out, i'll either be celebrating the traditional New Years party at my house while snuggling up to my boyfriend, or i'll be celebrating the traditional New Years party while WISHING I was snuggling with my boyfriend, and missing him terribly, of course.

------------------
"...when all that is driving my heart forward
is you, thoughts of you, hopes for you,
and a fading dream with a Mona Lisa smile
that whispers "are you thinking of me too?"

3 days till the dreams become reality...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's see... The City Of Saint John is having a big Millenium march thingy on the Harbour Bridge, so I think I'm going to be doing that. Then, once we go back to the hotel room (and if my cousin is with me) I'm going to wreak havoc at the hotel >:]

------------------
"Waaawhooo! Lookie here ma, I caught me a lightnin' bug!"
-Jetstorm

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to do something for NYE 2000. I want to. *L*

For 1996, I did nothing. For 1997, I did nothing while stoned. For 1998, I did nothing. For 1999, I did nothing. Hmm. I'm a dull person. *LOL*

------------------
If my mind wasn't a total blank all the time, I'd have something creative written here. But it is. So sue me.
[ www.linneberg.com ] | [ [email protected] ]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nostradamus told me you wouldn't be doing anything this year, either.

9-199

The man of cod shall be at home
On the rising of the thousandth
Tedious his time will pass
It shall sucketh.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ROTFL!*

------------------
If my mind wasn't a total blank all the time, I'd have something creative written here. But it is. So sue me.
[ www.linneberg.com ] | [ [email protected] ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps