Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » 6th Sense...

Author Topic: 6th Sense...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one's courtesy of my sister.

6th Sense

A father put his three year old daughter to bed, told her a story and listened to her prayers -- which she ended by saying "God bless mommy, God bless daddy, God bless grandma and good-bye grandpa."

Her father asked, "Why did you say 'good-bye grandpa'?" His daughter responded, "I don't know daddy, it just seemed like the right thing to say."

The next day grandpa died. Father thought it was a strange coincidence. A few months later the father put his daughter to bed and listened to her prayers, which ended like this......"God bless mommy, God bless daddy and good-bye grandma."

The next day grandma died.

My gosh, thought the father, this kid must have contact with the other side.

Several months later, when the girl was going to bed, her father heard her end her prayers with: "God bless mommy and good-bye daddy."

He practically went into shock. Couldn't sleep all night, got up at the crack of dawn and went to his office. He was as nervous as a cat all day. He was very deliberate in everything he did, avoiding any unusual circumstance. He decided to stay in the office for dinner and remain there until midnight; feeling if he could get by until midnight he would be OK. He felt safe there as he sat drinking coffee, watching the clock and jumping at every sound.

Finally midnight arrived, he heaved a sigh of relief and went home.

When he arrived home his wife said, "You haven't worked so late in years, what's the matter?" He said he really didn't want to talk about
it, saying "I've just spent the worst day of my life."

She replied, "You think you had a bad day, you'll never believe what happened to me! This morning the mailman dropped dead on our front
porch."

------------------
It is less important that you agree with me than it is for you to to understand what I'm saying.

http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was me thinking it would be about the most excellent film of the same name.

------------------
"You will be swept away....
You, your men, your ship, your WORLDS!"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the mailman/milkman jokes!

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps