Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Pentium III, 500 MHz!

Author Topic: Pentium III, 500 MHz!
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, indeedy! We've got some very new PCs in here at work, so I concocted a spurious fault in my PII-400 to get myself one of these big boys. Of course, it's exactly the same, still a crummy HP Brio, but all the same. . .

Damned odd, though - now the fonts I view the Forums in have all changed, and I can't figure out why since I had the same installation of IE 4 on both. . . I can't help feeling I'm missing something somewhere. . .

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is Verdana.
This is Trebuchet.

Trebuchet SHOULD be turning up... Not Verdana.

------------------
Avon: "You really do believe in taking risks, don't you?"
Tarrant: "Calculated risks."
Avon: "Calculated on what? Your fingers?"
-- Blake's Seven, Ultraworld

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd how they look exactly the same!!

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then you lack Trebuchet. Get it.

------------------
Avon: "You really do believe in taking risks, don't you?"
Tarrant: "Calculated risks."
Avon: "Calculated on what? Your fingers?"
-- Blake's Seven, Ultraworld

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FONTS!!! I forgot to get my fonts off the old PC. And now it's too late. F***! F***! F***! B(
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bugger, need to do a mass fonts download. Anyone have the adobe fonts from the photoshop cd stashed anywhere online?

------------------
"Diplomacy is the art of Internationalising an issue to your advantage"

Field Marshal Military Project
http://fieldmarshal.virtualave.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Along the same lines, the insurence people have finally paid up and I've got myself a new PC. A whopping PII 350mhz.

Yes, that's an improvement of 17 whole megahertz from the old PC. 17! Wow, it's like Oblivion at Alton Towers.

I did take the opportunity to get a PCI 128 instead of my old AWE 64, and replaced the Matrox G200 with a creative labs TNT2 Ultra.

------------------
"Give me a f*cking..."
-Jubilee McGann

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the machine I use HAS a processor. It tends to just whir and click to itself when you select any icon. And then deathly silence.....

Five minutes later it proclaims that "Nothing is responding", and i give it a swift and painful RESET for it's cheek.

------------------
"You will be swept away....
You, your men, your ship, your WORLDS!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps