Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » That beautiful white stuff... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: That beautiful white stuff...
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, this isn't about oreos...

Its snowing outside! And for the first time, its staying! Winter is finally here. I've already broken out the boots and winter coat. Now all I need to do is find my shovel...

*whistles to "Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!"*

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." - Jeffrey Richman, UB student

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sticks his head out the door*

It ain't a fit night out for man nor beast!

*snowdrift slides off roof onto his head*

(which actor, and which movie?)

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know the actual actor's name, but it's Cornelius form Rudolph the Red Nosed Riendeer.

------------------
"SHOES!"

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Takes pot shot at Jeff)

I hate snow. The first time I had to drive in 20 plus inches, I learned to hate snow.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drive an already dead '85 Ford Tempo that is on life support that's failing rapidly. It's NOT a safe car to drive. (But it DOES have every power feature imaginable in 1985.... too bad it doesn't have any POWER!)

Anyway, I also live on the North Side of Spokane... ie. 45 minutes AWAY from the valley. And I drive to the valley, on average, 7-10 times a week..... now, that trek by itself doesn't bother me, but when the weather gets bad, it's SCARY.... to get there I drive on some of the the most dangerous roads in all of spokane.... whoo, hoo. Gotta love that.

So.... to reitterate.... I drive a dangerous car on roads that are dangerous in GOOD weather. There is no WAY I will be happy in any shape or form when snow begins to fall here.... Grrr.... stinkin' white stuff that messes up my life.....

~LOA

------------------
"...my body is weak and I can't take the struggle anymore...
the love that was here is filled up by anger and rage..." ~FOM

Men Suck. Except Ben & Jerry.... *smile*

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Jubes just mention the best kids' Christmas movie? Woo-hoo!

No snow here yet... maybe tomorrow, they say...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

We had our first snow three weeks ago. Or was it two? Anyway, so there!

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What can I say? I hate driving in it, I hate shoveling it, but... I love snow. I really enjoy watching it fall, being outside to play in it. Snow is awesome.

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." - Jeffrey Richman, UB student

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We cannot assimilate snow. We cannot adapt to snow. We cannot drive in snow. We are cold in snow. We have snowballs thrown at us by juvenile delinquents.

We hate snow.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Resistance is Futile.

*LMAO*

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First One: W.C. Fields?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weather here has been so screwed up, I don't know whether to expect no snow, or a ton of it. For a few months now, the weather seems to have been going from warm (say, 70s) to cold (50s or so) from week to week. Last week it was in the 70s again. Today it was in the 30s/40s. Go figure.

------------------
"Is he live or dead? Has he thoughts within his head?"
-Black Sabbath, "Iron Man"

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Weather Channel predicts snow for our area starting Thursday and running on into the weekend. It's so flat here, you'd never think that snow would make a difference. The slight grades and roadway crowns give the locals fits during icy weather.

I find it all rather amusing. I drive a large front-wheel-drive car and will not be inconvenienced in the least by the snow. Sure, I'll have to drive more slowly and brake sooner -- tips I wish the locals would learn. They all think they NEED 4 wheel drive if there's a half inch (~12.5mm) of the white stuff on the ground. As it stands, they all drive too fast and (try to) stop too late. Scary.

LOA: I used to drive a teeny little Chevy Sprint 4-door when I was stationed in Spokane. I sympathize. The coefficient of friction drops to zero on some of the roads around there.

Tell me -- does the local TV news crew go out to the slickest spot in town when they get the first serious snow? I remember that both years I was stationed at Fairchild, the news crew went out to report on the slick conditions and their live news truck got hit by someone who lost control at less than 5 mph and spun into them. What a laugh!

""Here we are live at the intersection of... LOOK OUT!" *Crunch*

--Baloo

------------------
"There are some upon this earth of yours, who lay claim to know us, and who do their deeds of passion, pride, ill-will, hatred, envy, bigotry, and selfishness in our name, who are as strange to us and all out kith and kin, as if they had never lived. Remember that, and charge their doings on themselves, not us."
-- The Ghost of Christmas Present (A Christmas Carol -- Charles Dickens)
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited December 01, 1999).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well the weather here will be hot and sunny...

------------------
"Its a CLOCK!" - Sisko, "Dramatis Personae" DS9.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps