Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Mystery of the Millennium -- REVEALED!

Author Topic: The Mystery of the Millennium -- REVEALED!
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, maybe not the millennium, but some large, unspecified time period -- perhaps nine minutes?

I speak specifically of something I've noticed for many, many years: Why does the alarm clock snooze button give you nine extra minutes, not ten?

At last! Now we know the answer!

--Baloo

------------------
"There are some upon this earth of yours, who lay claim to know us, and who do their deeds of passion, pride, ill-will, hatred, envy, bigotry, and selfishness in our name, who are as strange to us and all out kith and kin, as if they had never lived. Remember that, and charge their doings on themselves, not us."
-- The Ghost of Christmas Present (A Christmas Carol -- Charles Dickens)
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Err.. MINE gives me a mere SEVEN minutes.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't know. I'm one of those sick people who actually get up right when the alarm goes off.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Mine gives 5 minutes. We're a busy people.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alarm clocks are supposed to go off?

------------------
"I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go."
--
John Linnell

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What on Earth is an Alarm Clock? ;-)

------------------
oh behave!!

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Have other Dutch people noticed that some advertising asses literally translate alarm clock? I didn't believe it at first, nobody could possibly be that stupid? But no such luck. I hate my people!

ROWL

Mine is set on 5:30 by the way.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps