Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Pompatus' secret. Revealed...

Author Topic: The Pompatus' secret. Revealed...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...in all it's glory.

I was mining "the Straight Dope" when I ran across "What does 'the pompatus of love' mean in Steve Miller's song 'The Joker'?"

Now it can be told...

------------------
It's human nature to want to know things, and also human nature to think they're not very interesting when you find out.
--CECIL ADAMS

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*rotflhfaoawutnwtn,slttctcoh*

so what you're telling me is he's...
he's...
*chuckle*
a LOVE PUPPET???

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said any such thing.

However, you are free to arrive at your own interpretation.

--Baloo

------------------
It's human nature to want to know things, and also human nature to think they're not very interesting when you find out.
--CECIL ADAMS

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't any of you dare mock me!

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

Okee-Dokee, "Space Cowboy".

Mum's the word from me!

------------------
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*considers adding Baloo to The List of Interrogations*

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like steve ripped people off. What a waste disposal unit exit.

------------------
Down for Upgrade

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Obviously, Excalibur has been reading The First One's swearing thread! That was a good one.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps