Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Doh!...

Author Topic: Doh!...
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend Larry was busy tonight. I'm sharing the wealth. Don't complain. You don't know what I didn't post.

A doctor, a lawyer, a little boy and a priest were out for a Sunday afternoon flight on a small private plane. Suddenly, the plane developed engine trouble.

In spite of the best efforts of the pilot the plane started to go down. Finally the pilot grabbed a parachute, yelled to the passengers that they had better jump, and bailed out. Unfortunately there were only three parachutes remaining.

The doctor grabbed one and said "I'm a doctor, I save lives, so I must live," and jumped out.

The lawyer then said, "I'm the smartest man in the world, I deserve to live!" He grabbed a parachute and jumped.

The priest looked at the little boy and said, "My son, I've lived a long and full life. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Take the last parachute and live in peace."

The little boy handed the parachute back to the priest and said "Not to worry, Father. The smartest man in the world just took off with my backpack."

------------------
"You got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
--Yogi Berra
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoohoo!!! He Deserved it!!!!

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every little bit helps.

------------------
Death before Dishonor!
However Dishonor has
quite a disputed defintion.

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I'd rather see the priest go. Or both. They're both lying their asses off.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't they all have survived? By someone holding on to someone else?

Too bad MacGyver wasn't there. He's make a parachute out of some gum, bailing wire, an arctic banana and some pocket lint. And with the excess materials, he'd make some C-4.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would that be the best thing to build with the leftovers?

"Hooray, we made i--"

*ka-boom*

------------------
"I wish that everything went just as I wish everything would go."
--
John Linnell

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps