Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Evidence? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Evidence?
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems B&B tried to pull a fast one on us yesterday with the evidence for an attack on Iraq

http://www.msnbc.com/news/802167.asp

Really makes you wonder if there is so much overwelming evidence that Iraq has to be destroyed why did they come out with some that could be so easily refuted. Why didn't they present the world with positive proof? What is their game? Do they not have recent intelligence? If so, why is it so important they attack now, what has changed?
I'll end this with a quote from my daughter
"I used to like Tony Blair, but now he just seems like Bush's bitch."

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I will prognosticize using a quote from the B-52s: "There's a lot of ruins in Mesopotamia."

Remember, "Six or eight thousand years ago, they laid down the law."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and a cnn report said that they couldn't really tell the meaning of what the buildings meant, they said they should wait till the inspectors were looing before making a judgement....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if he won't let the inspectors in?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like this "evidence" to be authenticated independently, before jumping to conclusions that could polarize the entire Middle East... you know, determine if there exists a real threat, instead of a carefully fabricated one.

�We owe it to future generations to deal with this problem.�

What, he's become an altruist now?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
B&B are ruining this war. Nex they'll get the date of the Gulf War wrong, and show people from Iraq before they were discovered! Fuck the pair of them!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would seem rather disingenuous to cite to reports that do not reach the conclusions that you says they do.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The US went from no nuclear program to an atomic bomb in less time than has passed since the UN report was written, much less since the inspections were stopped. And the US started from scratch.

While the Iraqi program was dealt severe losses during and after the Gulf War, this was by no means enought to certainly destroy the program.

The Chipman report substantiates this.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
The US went from no nuclear program to an atomic bomb in less time than has passed since the UN report was written, much less since the inspections were stopped. And the US started from scratch.

See?
He's got a point. Someone should step in and invade America before those war-mongering savages use those atomic weapons of mass destruction in a terrorist attack on civilians.

Oh, wait.

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no. That was the humanitarian thing to do. Think of the countless lives those attacks saved!
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might put a Captain Mike Moving to Canada clock on my webpage. Between the legalization thing up there and the war-monger asshole from Texas down here, its getting more tempting every day.

Its too bad cuz i really love this city.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he's already got the UK on his side. Usually, the rest of the British Empire follows, so I wouldn't be too sure about Canada. Probably the only reason they aren't completely w/ the US is because we bombed them. And every time Bush calls to apologize, he asks for Prime Minister Poutine.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not quite.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Cartman
Member # 256

Saddam H. - product of the media.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
S. Hussein - Beloved star of TRL Iraq
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps