Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Marines fire at Kuwaitis; Iraq denies invasion of Kuwait (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Marines fire at Kuwaitis; Iraq denies invasion of Kuwait
newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the official White House site, I notice these two items.

1. Today, in Kuwait, marines fired at the local population. The cause is under investigation. There is no further information on this event. Has anyone heard more on this event?

2. The Bush administration alleges the Iraqi administration denies ever invading Kuwait. Is there truth to this allegation?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They most likely feel that they didn't invade Kuwait, since they think it is still an Iraqi state, they were just moving natioanl troops around. Liberating it from a false government....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a quick news search shows what happened in kuwait . do terrorist gunmen count as "local population"?
IP: Logged
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh ... it doesn't surprise me, those wacky gun lovin' Marines. [Razz]

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The discussion held on the president's plane was vague in specifics. I knew there was a shooting incident in Kuwait involving marines and Kuwaitis. The White House was investigating the matter.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um.. its the other way around, i read the story on yahoo, and DLed a press release from the pentagon.

US Marines were on training maneuvers in Kuwait, a pickup truck drove by and assaulted the Marines, killing one and injuring another. the Marines fired back and killed the attackers. The men were not (visibly) attached to a military organization of government, the action seems to be terrorist (or extremist) in nature.

It in no way involved the Iraqi or Kuwaiti government/military, unless the men were undercover. The tentative IDs on the corpses indicates they were Muslim fundamentalists though if that means anything.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=US&cat=US_Armed_Forces

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Kuwait called the assault a 'terrorist act.'"

Great. Now even other countries are calling anything and everything "terrorism". How the hell can it be terrorism when they attacked military targets?! That would mean that every war ever fought ever would be 100% terrorism. It would mean that Dubya is currently plotting a terrorist attack against Iraq. Fucking morons...

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

so the attack on the Khobar towers wasn't a terrorist attack?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It would mean that Dubya is currently plotting a terrorist attack against Iraq."

And that's exactly what he's doing.

What do you call an organized group? Government.

What do you call GWB & Co's war? State Terrorism.

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

clean up in aisle five. any attack done on Iraq would be a legal one. how would it then fit your nice little definition? if Bush is a state sponsored terrorist, then i dub you the Cyber Terrorist, Cartman. unlawful attacks on sense. coming from me, that's pretty serious, since i apparenly attack sense all the time.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
clean up in aisle five. any attack done on Iraq would be a legal one.

Baaaaa... Baaaaa....

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

i don't know how it works in the north, Tom, but in this country any attack has to be done by the law of the United States. that is why attacks haven't happened yet. people don't seem to realize that if the President wanted to just attack Iraq however he wanted, it would have happened long ago.
Free ThoughtCrime America
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Free ThoughtCrime America     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I fail to remember the last time a terrorist went to the UN to gather support for his actions before he attacked.
capped
Member # 709

TSN, i thought it would be terrorism because the men who attacked the Marines seemed to be civilians. of course, its too early and we dont have complete bios on them, but the Kuwaiti minister has already denied they worked for any government outlet or military force.

i believe many of the other overseas attacks on the US military by civilian bombers were classified as terrorism as well

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps