Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Iraq to throw out all foreign journalists

Author Topic: Iraq to throw out all foreign journalists
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess they didn't like CNN's little bit that showed how they don't all love Hussein over there.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/10/24/iraq.journalists/index.html

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Yamashiro Den
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wish i could get thrown out of Iraq. or be given free potato salad.
IP: Logged
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just send Wolf B. back in, he'll buddy up to them and report away....
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either that, or deploy an armed and dangerous Geraldo.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, like CNN is a bastion of journalistic integrity.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by E. Cartman:
Yeah, like CNN is a bastion of journalistic integrity.

You're right. FOX is MUCH better. [Razz]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine. If the towelheads are going to have the inconsideration to not let us watch them suffer on the evening news, then let's just nuke the fuckers.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VP, that is the first righteous things you've said about this... I think....

[Smile]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The israelis are just rolling out their new improved Merkava 4's from the factories. I wonder if it will ever tread on Iraqi soil...

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Good pun....

I doubt it, that would create an even more unstable region, with the rest of the Arab nations taking severe offense at it. Then the US would have to respond, most likely dragging at least the UK with us, in an absolute nightmare.....

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got an idea... d'ya think a reporter for The Onion would be let into Iraq?

On a serious note, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple of CIA agents inserted in the reporters' staffs. Not that they'd do active espionage/sabotage or stuff like that, but just being in the area gives them lots of access to possible sources of information. It'll be a lot harder to get info out of Iraq from now on... which is probably part of the reason why they're kicking everyone out in the first place.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Well, that and the ability to control the flow of information out of the country, plus the fewer foreign nationals, of any type, running around giving the people the idea of freedom of movement and speech the better....

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps