Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » U.S, Airforce On Drugs

Author Topic: U.S, Airforce On Drugs
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of all the places to hear this, Good Morning America reported this morning, that the US Airforce gives combat pilots Speed and hour before a mission. Perscriptions are written and pilots are ordered to take the meds, or risk being found "unsuitable to fly".

GMA also confirmed that the pilot who kiled Canadaians recently, was on Speed at the time. Cockpit voice and video confirm that the pilot ignored orders and bombed the Canadians after being told to pull back. After the radio voice confirms that the pilot has bombed allies, you can hear the pilots voice saying "hope I did the right thing there", clearly still not listening to orders.

Looks like the dismantleing of the USA is far further along then I would have dreamed. Not only does the US President have far more power then any one human should have, our military is now being controlled by drugs.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes sense. Ensures greater loyalty from those who do the actual shooting and killing and dying (or, if nothing else, a heightened sense of awareness, quicker reflexes, reduced anxiety, the works).

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing, TNG predicted this very same situation fifteen years ago in "Encounter at Farpoint".
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, yeah.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Amazing, TNG predicted this very same situation fifteen years ago in "Encounter at Farpoint".

I thought of that this morning, while I was watching the report.

I said Good Morning America, but now that I think about it, I don't know which show it was. I tend to have that channel on in the morning, on the rare occation that I have the TV on at all in the morning.

This report was, I believe, a preview of a report tonight, on one of the primetime shows, so there should be more information then.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad it wasn't acid....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm joining up!
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it would seem to be safer than going to Canada, given the USAFs antics with Canadians...
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The story will be on 20/20 Tonight.

(Nifty Canadian moving pictures)

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"'The American public should be very concerned if we were not providing every opportunity to counter the demonstratedly fatal potential impact of fatigue,' Leaf said."

Every opportunity, eh? Like, maybe, not sending the pilots out for eight or nine hours at a stretch? Maybe that was too hard to think of...

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"'The American public should be very concerned if we were not providing every opportunity to counter the demonstratedly fatal potential impact of fatigue,' Leaf said."
Obviously didn't consider the potentially fatal impact of giving them drugs before flying.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

I fully expected to see First Of Two come in to defend the practice of drugging pilots, since it was banned by the Clinton Administration, and reintroduced under Bush.

--------------------
Think!
EMSparks

Shalamar:

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bombs don't kill people, people drugged up and in charge of bombs kill people.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps