Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Iraqi scientist says materials for nuclear bombs in hand (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Iraqi scientist says materials for nuclear bombs in hand
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that's been demonstrated, beyond the normal human range.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"How do you define 'provocation'?"

Well, I certainly don't define it as "being a nasty fat man w/ a silly mustache".

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God almighty, change the record, you little twerp. "Miss the point, miss the point, miss the point. . ." You're the one who brought up the World Trade Centre, despite it having nothing whatsoever to do with the topic under discussion, which is Saddam Hussein. I imagine your "point" (you're sure fond of those) is that people who are irrational and dangerous - by your standards ar all the same, and should be dealt with the same.

Which brings us, once again, to your standards, as referenced by the "normal human range" you mention. Said normal human range being that occupied by white, Christian, Republican, heterosexual, and (no doubt) male citizens of the United States of America.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"I'm not a great fan of Saddam and am generally in favour of taking him out before he does anything unwise..."

The president of the US is actively promoting invading a foreign country w/o provocation, and it's Hussein people are worrying about?

Good point; maybe we should try and get Bush to challenge Saddam to single combat. and then nuke the arena. Two birds with one stone. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was telling my roommate the other day about how we should take Bush, Blair, and Hussein, lock them in a room, and let them fight to the death. After that, whoever's left...

And then we both said "gas them" at the same time. It was eerie.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So our options are: Total war or death camps? Lovely.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After watching another report today, where the reponses went

US: They're lying! Kill them!

and

UK: They might be lying! We might kill them!

...I've been trying to figure our government out. Blair has pretty much been "I agree with Bush, but...". He's the one who kept trying to get him to go to the UN, rather than just charging in.

I do wonder that if perhaps Blair had taken the same position as Russia etc in the "The US is wrong", the US might have not even bothered with the UN and just charged in.

How much of Blair is him saying what he thinks, and how much is him trying to keep the US from going crazy? My opinions about Blair jump all over the place, so I'm not sure. Even if he is saying exactly what he thinks, I still say there's a fair chance that he's kept us out of war so far.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Simon: You don't really need death "camps" to kill three people.
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Death Tent, maybe.

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*hee hee* Fumigation.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure to reserve a spot for Kim Jong.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Ozzy B. and his Al-Qaeda posse. Just make sure you put some camera's in the tent, and you have a brand new FOX TV-show!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
Member # 393

"SHARRRONNNNNNNNN!!!" being the cue for the Isaeli PM's guest appearance. 8)

--------------------

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by E. Cartman:
 -

what the hell.... the cartoonist needs to really know what the hell is going on before he pens that.

fap indeed

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that cartoonist has an excellent grasp of the situation.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps