Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Germans in trouble... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Germans in trouble...
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030218-330306.htm

quote:
The North Korean ship that last year delivered Scud missiles to Yemen transferred a large shipment of chemical weapons material from Germany to North Korea recently, U.S. intelligence officials said.
quote:
Sodium cyanide is a dual-use chemical. It is used to make the nerve gas sarin, as well as commercial products including pesticides and plastics.
The chemical is controlled by the 34-nation Australia Group, a voluntary coalition of states that agree to curb exports of dual-use chemicals that can boost the chemical weapons programs of states like North Korea. Germany is a member of the group.
A German Embassy spokesman could not be reached for comment.

'course not.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like American ships transferred large shipments of chemicals to Iraq during the first Gulf war?

Like American corporations helped supply said chemicals during the second?

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selling things to "bad" countries is much closer to home than Germany. How quickly some people forget Dick Cheney and Halliburton.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So quickly they fall back on the "two wrongs make a right" fallacy, and bring up events 20 years in the past.

C'mon boys, you're getting predictable.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The point is, that one could say that regarding your "Germans in trouble", look to the order of your own house before pointing at someone else.

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Stay in the present. Germany is doing this NOW. The boat arrived in N. Korea earlier this month.

Now, I have to say that I'll be interested in seeing Germany's opinion when the North Korean situation is discussed by the Security Council.

I'm also wondering if they had any deals like this with Iraq.

And how can shipping that stuff to N. Korea be seen as anything other than a violation of their agreement with the Australia group?

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well technically a month ago isn't in the present either.
Just how long after a country/corperation/individual has done something bad do you forget about it and look to the present?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they're Republicans, you forget about it immediately.

If they're not Republicans, you never forget about it.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

quote:
Stay in the present.
Oh, but I was. Afterall Mr. Bush has assured me that Iraqi president Saddam is the madman of the moment and that his evil is more of an immediate threat to the United States than anything else. As such, we should deal with Iraq first and Dick Cheney selling things to this madman is very present indeed.

Still, are there any U.N. sanctions against North Korea at teh moment?

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Not yet. The matter still has to come up before the Sec. Counc.

And NK has said that it will consider any sanctions an "act of war" against it, and respond accordingly... which I guess means attacking all the members of the entire Security council.

Apparently, Lil' Kim is trying to earn a place in history alongside Emperor Cartagia.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The article was a little unclear. Am I to understadn that the US and Spain are going around during peacetime and stopping ships in international waters? Isn't that, as they said, piracy?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well the US is bigger and has more nukes, so its ok..

its only piracy if someone who isnt american, white or christian does it.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Skull & Bonez," coming to theatres 2005.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the whole point of this thread is to demonstrate how both Americans *and* Germans can be dumbasses by selling weapons to dangerous countries?
Is the next thread on Flare going to be on how ships named "Titanic" and icebergs don't mix?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
Not yet. The matter still has to come up before the Sec. Counc.

And NK has said that it will consider any sanctions an "act of war" against it, and respond accordingly... which I guess means attacking all the members of the entire Security council.

Apparently, Lil' Kim is trying to earn a place in history alongside Emperor Cartagia.

Best of luck. He'll be earning a place in hell next to Hitler if he tries that. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps