Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Baltimore finally explained!

Author Topic: Baltimore finally explained!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Edited to add: The following, or at least the relation of the following to actual conditions on this board, is intended to be taken in a humorous vein. No implication that Snay has ACTUALLY suffered led-induced brain damage is intended.]

Yes, we finally know the reason for Baltimoreans, why they think the way they think, and their implausible rivalry with the clearly superior Pittsburgh.

Plus, this may shed some light, at last, on Snay's thought procceses and inexplicable deer carnage.

http://www.washtimes.com/metro/20030210-19955923.htm

quote:
BALTIMORE (AP) � Water fountains have been ordered shut in all city schools more than a decade after they were discovered to be dispensing lead-tainted water.

[ March 10, 2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little low, isn't it? Not on the so-called "deer carnage", but on Snay's thought processes? And what does the article you posted have to do with Baltimore?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CRAP! Posted the wrong link!
Fixed.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad I've never attended a school in Baltimore.

Also, the reason people don't like Pittsburgh, is that it (and the state it is located in) are a festering sore of coal-mining wounds left to rot and detract from the beauty that is Maryland.

(I say this in a kidding sense, since much of my mom's family lives in the Scranton area, which, in all honesty, is pretty ugly -- the "scenic vista" driving in is a car junkyard).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
(I say this in a kidding sense, since much of my mom's family lives in the Scranton area, which, in all honesty, is pretty ugly -- the "scenic vista" driving in is a car junkyard).

You mean that one along the Northeast Extension, don't you Snay? I've driven past that damn sight at least once a year for my entire life (on the way to visit my father's family in Syracuse, New York).

Though I don't think that can hold a candle to the ridiculously high (and ugly) bridge in Clark's Summit, or that wonderful landfill they've built a few miles to the south...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, thank goodness you've got a Republican administration - they'll put a stop to this in no time! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Well, thank goodness you've got a Republican administration - they'll put a stop to this in no time! 8)

Good point.. which political party controls the Baltimore School Board?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baltimore's mayor is a Democrat, but the governor of the state is a Republican. And he's the one who controls the budget.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Yes, but he's been governor how long and the problem has existed how long?

The article seems to imply that the school board is responsible for shutting off hazardous water fountains, not the state.

And if "the budget" comes from the state... do the locals still pay a school tax as part of their local income tax, like most folks?

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, for heaaven's sake, here we go again. . . You do know I was joking, right? Surely even Rob would concede that the Republicans are perhaps not viewed as the party of the environment?

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way Republicans are viewed and the way Republicans are in reality are frequently two different things.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Lee
Member # 393

Yes. I know. I just have this bizarre image of Bush surrounded by cartoon woodland creatures a la Snow White.

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pittsburgh has Mario Lemieux. Baltimore does not have Mario Lemieux.

Advantage? Quebec.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The way Republicans are viewed and the way Republicans are in reality are frequently two different things."

Dumb and dumber?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps