Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I Love America (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I Love America
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Under your new constitution, whose jurisdiction would migratory herds come under?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whatever worked, of course. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfect political answer. That is to say, you didn't answer the question at all. [Smile]
Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course. I know nothing of the subject, after all, so I have no position. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think an Amendment to change CNN to the 'War Channel' should be included....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hurrah! And an amendment limiting the amount of free coffee and donuts. Seriously, I don't mind paying taxes on a $20,000 hammer, but buying coffee from Starbucks last week alone for the entire White House staff put the U.S. another 2 trillion into debt.

--------------------
Move .sig!!

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Which is why we need a major Constitutional overhaul.

The Homeland Security act is bad enough. Conservitives would destroy what few rights we have left if a constitutional Convention were called. Omega moves up a few notches on the THEM list.

How about ringing in on that one First of Two? Want to call a convention?

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bang goes that whole pesky separation of Church & state thing, for one.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That can't be all bad. Maybe they'll reinstate the Order of Templar Knights into the army.
Like, Texas Rangers in white uniforms with maltesian crosses.
And a Document of Certificate in their breast pocket, explaining how they'll get into paradise if they die by the hands of the Saracen's infidel cousin, the Iraqi.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Omega
Member # 91

Conservitives would destroy what few rights we have left if a constitutional Convention were called.

And how do you derrive that...

Bang goes that whole pesky separation of Church & state thing, for one.

...and that, from anything I have ever said? Oh, wait. You can't. You're just pulling them out of your respective asses.

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just trying to make you feel at home. My, we're touchy today.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Member # 91

Oh, goodness, I don't like being lied about. Imagine that.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Conservitives would destroy what few rights we have left if a constitutional Convention were called."

"And how do you derrive that..."

"Bang goes that whole pesky separation of Church & state thing, for one."

"...and that, from anything I have ever said?"

Sounds more like it's based simply on a knowledge of conservative politicians. I hate to break it to you, but, were a constitutional convention held, you would have little to absolutely no personal effect on its outcome.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
[QB] Conservitives would destroy what few rights we have left if a constitutional Convention were called.

And how do you derrive that...

conservitives would have the utility workers spying on everyone. And we'd need numbers on our skin, to make it easy to keep track of all the liberals.

If the liberals were in charge, and the convention was called, it would be just as bad. Political correctness could become law. Either way, Constitutional Convention=Bad.

As for Vogy's comment. They don't call it the religios right for nothing.

Can you imagine trying to make this a one god only country? Or forceing schools to teach Creation. United Soviet States of America.

USSA does have a nice ring to it.

We have a constitution that has stood the test of time. It doesn't need to change, we need to change. The only real fault I have with it is that it didn't free slaves from the start. It took four years of war, and thousands of dead men for that to happen.

In case you can't tell, I don't think very highy of either side.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Omega
Member # 91

As for Vogy's comment. They don't call it the religios right for nothing.

Yes, all... eight of them. Or perhaps we should start characterizing all liberals as being exactly like the dozen or so women who cheer over the million or two murders of unborn children every year?

conservitives would have the utility workers spying on everyone. And we'd need numbers on our skin, to make it easy to keep track of all the liberals.

Um... no. No. And further, no. That's just paranoia, plain and simple.

We have a constitution that has stood the test of time. It doesn't need to change, we need to change.

Except that times have changed. Are you suggesting we should just eliminate air travel all together? High-speed communications? Just so we can change circumstances back to what the Constitution was designed to fit?

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps