Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Intelleligent Conservatives (Who Knew?)

Author Topic: Intelleligent Conservatives (Who Knew?)
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Communism is defeated and America has no moral right and is incapable of "ruling the world." (See America is not Rome) Yet today, many Conservatives, who think that the government can't run a nursery school, believe it can rule the world. Equally many Big Government Conservatives now support new takings of Americans' freedoms in the name of "security." The dispute over the Anti-Terror PATRIOT Act defined the line between those conservatives who most want empire and those who most value freedom.
http://www.iraqwar.org/

I guess we know where Rob & Omega fall.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you can't lump. Really. Rob...well, I've yet to figure out Rob's motivation. But Omega's comes from a rather..."lopsided" for of that horrible, horrible affliction known as "morality."

Note that the above is not an indictment, merely a statement of perception.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So now the war is the result of the Vast Christian-Israeli-Zionist-Military-Industrial conspiracy.

Yeah, we know where I fall on that.

Wherever Snay fell, however, apparently he landed on his head.

OTOH, at least the folks on that site aren't hypocrites like most of the antiwar folks: They were against US unilateral military intervention in Yugoslavia, too. (Although the fact that we intervened on the side of the Muslims there goes a bit against their theory that we're trying to destroy the Muslims.)

However the insistence that Iraq complied with UN inspections is horseshit of the purest kind, given the recent Scud launches. Iraq NEVER did what it was supposed to.

quote:
An America that tried to freeze Serbs to death by preventing heating oil for the dead of winter is not the one which rebuilt Europe with the Marshall Plan.

No, but it is remarkably similar to the Allies who won in Europe before rebuilding it.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
recent Scud launches
Possible recent Scud launches. The journalists out there have an unfortunate tendancy to call every missile launched by Iraq a Scud; most weren't but it's possible, even probably that some were

I do, incidentally, agree that Iraq hasn't been complying with UN resolutions, at least where conventional weapons are concerned. It's also probable he has chemical weapons somwhare. I do think the whole build up to the war (politically, that is) could have been handled much better.

Edit: Just noticed there have been confirmed scud launches. Oops. [Embarrassed]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Possibly, but unlikely. Certainty of position led to arrogance and inflexibility on both sides of the equation.

Not that I expected it to go any other way, since the consistent negative appraisal of the US predated even these events: The 'solidarity' expresed after 9-11 was the anomaly, not the status quo.

I mean, what can you really expect from an organization whose members, out of pettiness, voted the US off the Human Rights party and replaced it with Sudan, a nation in which slavery is still practiced, (and is trying to give Libya the chairmanship of the same committee), and put Iraq next in line for the disarmament committee.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hear hear!
Our brave men and women of the armed forces must wipe out that evil alphabet once and for all. Too long have we stood silent while the tyranny of alphabetical order has mocked our proud nation.
CNN, that evil left-wing organisation

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to a headline I saw this afternoon on CNN, the General and press liason at the main briefing in the Pentagon said that none of the Iraqi missiles were Scuds....

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but there are hermits high up in the farthest mountains (who haven't seen another person for decades) who are better informed and more accurate than CNN.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, none of those missiles were Scuds...and none of them had chemical or biological warheads. Huh. What a surprise.

--------------------
Meh

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Yes, but there are hermits high up in the farthest mountains (who haven't seen another person for decades) who are better informed and more accurate than CNN.

You mean like a US General speaking from the Pentagon, with the full capability of the Global Positioning System, instantaneous communications, and computer analyses tracking everything going on in that area? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
OTOH, at least the folks on that site aren't hypocrites like most of the antiwar folks: They were against US unilateral military intervention in Yugoslavia, too. (Although the fact that we intervened on the side of the Muslims there goes a bit against their theory that we're trying to destroy the Muslims.)
Actually Rob, you're the hypocrite.

You compare Kosovo to Iraq II. No, it's more akin to Panama. A quick police action. You'll notice Kosovo was, for the first thing, only an air-war. Anyhoo, no dice -- they're not the same thing.

Second - you're the one anti-nation building. You're the one who threw a fit over the images of American corpses being dragged through the Somalia streets -- no new world order! You rail against Bush I and Clinton for nation building, but support Bush II for the same thing? You're the fucking hipocrite, Rob, and I'm sick and tired of your lies pretending that you're not.

Third - if you think it's "okay" for a nation to manufacture or plagerize the evidence neccessary to being a PREEMPTIVE war, then I think you're the one with your circuits crossed.

Stop being a brainless drone, marching in step with the adminstration's mumblings. Think for yourself, Robert.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most. Intelligent. Conservative. Ever.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You mean like a US General speaking from the Pentagon, with the full capability of the Global Positioning System, instantaneous communications, and computer analyses tracking everything going on in that area?
Vogonpoetius he say: You can lead the general to the Pentagon, but you cannot make him think. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
You're the one who threw a fit over the images of American corpses being dragged through the Somalia streets -- no new world order! You rail against Bush I and Clinton for nation building, but support Bush II for the same thing?

Are you going to cite a thread in which I said this, or are you just releasing crap and hoping someone belives it?

quote:

Third - if you think it's "okay" for a nation to manufacture or plagerize the evidence neccessary to being a PREEMPTIVE war, then I think you're the one with your circuits crossed.

Same question.

quote:

Stop being a brainless drone, marching in step with the adminstration's mumblings. Think for yourself, Robert.

*Yawn* Getting you to think at ALL would be an accomplishment.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
According to a headline I saw this afternoon on CNN, the General and press liason at the main briefing in the Pentagon said that none of the Iraqi missiles were Scuds....

Not to disagree, but I believe he said that none of the missiles launched that day were Scuds.

I watched that Pentagon press briefing, and the context was a little confused. It looked as if the Maj. General thought the SCUD question regarded launches that had occurred today rather than in total.

Given that every reputable news source from here to aisatimes has reported that two scuds were fired, I choose to accept the non-tinfoil-hat-wearing position that two scuds were fired.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps