Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Positive test for terror toxins in Iraq (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Positive test for terror toxins in Iraq
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Sarin' turns out to be farming pesticide

I won't bother translating, as the news will undoubtedly make its way to CNN soon (hooray for objectivity).

Edit: hmm, this appears to concern a second, seperate find.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you'll notice my most recent article refers to what appear to be at least THREE separate 'finds'.

The tests at Hindiyah, currently reported to be pesticides, have been described as "inconclusive." Some samples show sarin, some show pesticide. As the article states, �Often the first test is wrong, the second as well,� the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity. �And believe me, if it turns out to be chemical weapons, you won�t miss the story.�

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Of course, the real reason that the 'large portion of the rest of the world doesn't care about that anymore' is that when they started to realize that they were going to be proven wrong, that Hussein had retained chemical weapons and was daily misleading their much-vaunted 'inspectors,' they had to change the main focus of their argument."

Who ever said Iraq necessarily didn't have the things? If the other countries thought that, they would have been calling for the inspectors to leave Iraq. The arguement wasn't "Iraq has no banned weapons, so we shouldn't attack them". The arguement was "we're still looking for the weapons, so let's hold off on blowing people up while we don't have to".

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the rest of the world didn't scream too much when Hitler started his happiness in Europe either. Is it only the US and, part of, the UK have learned lessons on how to deal with fucking lunatics?

Too bad the UN has turned in to a weak and pathetic organization, that needs to be proped up by a Coalition. The United Nations will suffer the same fate as the League of Nations...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Is it only the US and, part of, the UK have learned lessons on how to deal with fucking lunatics?"

If by "learned lessons" you mean "learned NOT to bring said fucking lunatics to power in the first place", then no.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, no-one seemed too concerned about him when he was just gassing his own people and being anti-Iranian.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Of course, the real reason that the 'large portion of the rest of the world doesn't care about that anymore' is that when they started to realize that they were going to be proven wrong, that Hussein had retained chemical weapons and was daily misleading their much-vaunted 'inspectors,' they had to change the main focus of their argument."

Who ever said Iraq necessarily didn't have the things? If the other countries thought that, they would have been calling for the inspectors to leave Iraq. The arguement wasn't "Iraq has no banned weapons, so we shouldn't attack them". The arguement was "we're still looking for the weapons, so let's hold off on blowing people up while we don't have to".

And the response was "well, how long will that take, and what's going on in the meantime? I mean, the sanctions are being violated every day, there's widespread smuggling, they're training home-grown and international terrorists in Salman Pak, and there's an offshoot of Al-Qaeda in the north! Meanwhile, the people are starving, and being brutalized, and Saddam's training his next-of-spawn to take over!"

And the reply was "uh... you need to wait and give them more time."

"Time to do what? Hide more stuff? The only reason he's showing the inspectors ANYTHING is because he wants to draw out any action we might take for as long as possible, to HIS advantage. He lied to them for seven years, kicked them out (and we notice you didn't do anything about that then, so no wonder you won't act now,) and continues to be only just 'cooperative' enough to get the more timid members of the UNSC to vote to stave off an attack. Time for what?"

"time... to... um... go... um... and..."

"Yes, it's time for him to go."

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, we shall rectify this previous mistake, and let North Korea about it's happy business, then, when they nuke someone, say South Korea or Japan, we can do nothing, with everyone wanting us to be isolationists now.
Oh, wait, reports from around the world have seemed to insinuate that the other governments would rather the US take the leading role in dealing with North Korea.
Again, with China doing the blocking, the UN has no ability to do anything, and I say, let North Korea play with their nukes and pull I Corps out of South Korea, after all, we can't have them occupying another nations soil.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I mean, the sanctions are being violated every day, there's widespread smuggling..."

Oh, horrors...

"...they're training home-grown and international terrorists in Salman Pak, and there's an offshoot of Al-Qaeda in the north!"

And the US gov't trains its terrorists at the School of the Americas (though I think they changed the name now). Let's bomb DC before we start on Baghdad.

"Meanwhile, the people are starving, and being brutalized, and Saddam's training his next-of-spawn to take over!"

Okay, you do have a point there. After all, we're seeing now first-hand what happens when you put one war-like leader in control of a country, and later his son takes control...

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Meanwhile, the people are starving, and being brutalized, and Saddam's training his next-of-spawn to take over!"

Okay, you do have a point there. After all, we're seeing now first-hand what happens when you put one war-like leader in control of a country, and later his son takes control...

I think this should apply to North Korea, instead of a son, you have an equally demented leader in waiting. So why aren't we there when we should be? NK's transgressions are a lot more serious than Iraq. And they shoot missiles with ranges longer than the Al Samoud over Japan. Not at, over.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, cute.

quote:
Despite all that is happening we do not hear the voice of the UN. This makes us wonder whether the organisation was hit by friendly fire.

Al-Akhbar - Egypt

But seriously, before this whole Iraqi war/American crusade business, I thought things were looking up with North Korea. They even had that exchange with Japan where they revealed that they had people captured decades ago to train N.Korean agents.

Now, everything seems shot to hell with North Korea randomly threatening Japan and the US. What the heck happened? Aside from being termed part of "The Axis of Evil", although they don't seem to have any real connection with Islamic fundamentalism terrorism....what happened? I need the info. (Exams seriously cut down on news intake)

You'd think that China would be in the back room telling them to "shut the fuck up" considering that the US, Japan, and South Korea probably constitute a huge portion of their trade/economy. China has nothing to gain from North Korea randomly nuking countries. Whether you ascribe to the "Evil Red China" theory or a more realistic benevolent outlook, China has nothing to gain from forcing a confrontation now. China's economy and technology is still catching up with the US much faster than the US can pull away, it would be in their best interests either way to prolong a conflict.

In short, WTF is causing all the ruckus with North Korea when nothing seems to be happening? Insight?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"I think this should apply to North Korea, instead of a son, you have an equally demented leader in waiting."

I'm not sure if there was confusion, or if you were just offering an alternate opinion, but I'm going to point out, for clarity's sake, that I was, in fact, referring to the Bush Dynasty here in the US.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Bah double-post.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

quote:
And the US gov't trains its terrorists at the School of the Americas (though I think they changed the name now). Let's bomb DC before we start on Baghdad.

Really, you should know better than to start quoting paranoiac conspiracy theories and Urban Legends.

And the old "Bush is trying to take over" crap is REALLY getting tired, it's a clear signal of your increasingly Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaaf-like position.

--------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

April 8 � Conclusive testing is still pending, but the latest tests indicate that barrels found in central Iraq do not contain chemical weapons agents, as first suspected, U.S. military sources said on Tuesday. Another suspicious find was also being investigated, while a third report dealing with rockets was discounted by a top general.

Looks like that answers my question.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps