Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Remains of Iraqi government giving up (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Remains of Iraqi government giving up
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I heard about Bush's announcement that they think Syria has chemical weapons,
it sounds almost like he's preparing to take a few others out on the way home, now that he's got the army up and running.

I just don't think Syria is such a good next target, being that it's commanded by the ruthless leader Bashar Al-Asad.
I mean, as mighty as the US army is, I don't think the US army could take on the battle-hardened Sardaukar Commandos.
Those guys don't take prisoners (well, sometimes they do, but only so as to do naughty things to them).

What we need is "desert p0w4r"!!!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Bush decides to attack Syria, it will also be to "eliminate Hamas and any terrorist organization that threatens Israel." And, if there's any attack, it will most likely come from cruise missiles and not ground troops.

We already fought a "pseudo war" with Syria in 1984. They shot down two of our jets, killing one pilot, and the other was captured and released with the help of Jesse Jackson.

--------------------
Meh

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question is, will they offer the same resistance as the Saddam Feday(k)in?
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The war with Syria will be fought first on the economic battlefield. With the lifting of sanctions on Iraq (which the Syrians were violating to the tune of a lot of money), Syria will be in economic trouble. If the US and UK impose sanctions on Syria (and especially if they can get others to follow suit), it will get worse for them.

Be prepared to see more sattelite and air recon pictures taken near the border of Syria released soon.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And then, of course, Syria could start to threaten Israel. They could attempt to re-take the Golan Heights, for example, and probably get their butt kicked by the IDF.

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps