Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Cops should have beat this guy MORE.

Author Topic: Cops should have beat this guy MORE.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er.. scratch "More," that should have read "Cops SHOULD have beat this guy."

AP (Pittsburgh)
Nicholas Kurch, 35, was convicted this month of vehicular homicide and drunken driving in the deaths of Sujan Tuladhar and Dr. Alok Chalise, both of Nepal. It was Kurch�s fifth conviction for driving drunk. He reportedly told a jailhouse informant that nobody would care because the victims were foreign.
He could have been sentenced to 40 years in prison
Kurch wasn�t supposed to be driving Dec. 7, 1996, but he drove away from a bar anyway, authorities said.
He had been banned from driving for 18 years, previous to the night he lost control of his girlfriend�s van and it crossed a divider, sailed through the air and slammed head-on into the car that Tuladhar and Chalise were in on State Route 65 near Pittsburgh, police said.
Kurch argued with the police officer who tried to free him from the wreckage, according to authorities, and an empty vodka bottle was found nearby. He had a blood-alcohol level of 0.37 percent, more than triple Pennsylvania�s legal limit of 0.10 percent for driving.
Kurch had his license suspended in 1983, when he refused a blood-alcohol test during an arrest, which led to his first conviction. He has been cited 13 times for driving without a license, three other times for drunken driving, once for speeding and once for running a red light.
�It has to be one of the worst driving records I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of them,� Allegheny County Judge Robert Colville said.
A jailhouse informant testified during trial that Kurch bragged that he could get a plea agreement because the victims were �two �gooks� from another country, that their families weren�t going to be there, that it was too far, nobody would care.�
The informant, a convicted burglar, also said that Kurch said no jury would believe his blood-alcohol level was so high.
Tuladhar, 24, was about to graduate from the University of Georgia. Chalise, 31, had come to Pittsburgh to visit friends.
Since the accident, Kurch has been diagnosed with testicular cancer, said his attorney, Patrick Thomassey.

------------------
"... Then you'll see me do some MAJOR dancing on your face!" -- Cosby

[This message was edited by First of Two on May 29, 1999.]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this guy decides his cancer is a judgement of God. Maybe he'll do the world some good before he goes.

--Baloo

------------------
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
-- Plato
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's about as likely as me embracing Fundamentalism.

------------------

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! People have shifted their paradigms before!.

Actually, NotD, I hope you don't embrace "fundamentalism". That sort of "religion" tends to have a somewhat ruthless attitude towards both believers and non-believers alike.

<REFERENCE=OBSCURE>Example: "Koolaid, anyone?"</REFERENCE>

--Baloo

------------------
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
-- Plato
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message was edited by Baloo on May 30, 1999.]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Don't worry. I have a secret pact with some friends of mine that if any one of us should ever do any of a certain few things, the rest of us are obliged to put that person out of their misery.

Joining any fundie sect is one of those things.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps