Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » California Gov. Race (Humor)

Author Topic: California Gov. Race (Humor)
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Peter David's website...

TOP TEN PEOPLE OTHER THAN ARNOLD I'D LIKE TO SEE AS GOVERNOR, AND THE REASONS WHY:

1) BILL MUMY: Would change state song to "Fish Heads" and force all reports about latest crises to be preceded by the words "Danger! Danger! Warning! Warning!"

2) LINDA HAMILTON: Only person in the world who was actually able to beat Arnold definitively. Would demand resignations of useless staffers by saying "You're terminated, F*cker."

3) HARLAN ELLISON: He might not win, but my God, the campaign speeches and debates would be worth the price of admission.

4) ALEX TREBECK: Dude's got all the answers.

5) STAN LEE: Anyone who came up with "With great power comes great responsibility" certainly has his priorities in order. Would solve fiscal problems by sponsoring $5000 a plate dinners featuring Pamela Anderson pole dancing.

6) GEORGE TAKEI: Has genuine political experience and, as experienced helmsman, can successfully steer state to safety and away from giant amoebas. Would definitely require Walter Koenig as lieutenant governor.

7) JENNIFER LOPEZ: Would keep her out of movies.

8) RON REAGAN, JUNIOR: Father/son connection could position him for eventual run at White House, making him the first president ever to dance around on "Saturday Night Life" wearing jockey shorts.

9) RICARDO MONTALBAN: C'mon. Seriously. How cool would that be?

10) GENE HACKMAN: Proposed the only truly workable plan for solving California's problems: Sink the damned state with a carefully placed 500 megaton bomb, make a killing in real estate, and start over. In the spirit of democracy, would hold special vote to determine whether Marina del Lex, Luthorville, or Otisburg would be new state capital.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute. [Smile]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only problem w/ Stan Lee is that his entire staff would consist only of people w/ alliterative names.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as he spells out 'with', I think we'll be okay.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have fallen on Jeff's side and I am scared!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be worse. I could be a 240-year old Vampire who recently lost his soul and needs to catch up on a century of killing. Poor Jenny [Frown]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leather trousers = winner for sure.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Peter David is not funney. And hack. No -ish!

2) Gary Coleman. Gallagher. $3500 + 65 Signatures.

I would run for governor someday.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh heh, Otisburg. I remember that. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps