Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Let the napalming begin.

Author Topic: Let the napalming begin.
WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just spent the last three days rewriting my website and have finally got it up and (I hope) working correctly. What I would like is for some of you to view it and give me some feedback as to how it appears in your browsers on your system. The link is: web page

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Some of the images open in new windows, some in the same. And, frames, ugh. But why is this in the Flameboard?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's afraid that he would be flamed on for spamming.

Well, I may was well throw out the first bomb.

MAPS!!!

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I am a firm believer in links-that-look-like-links, if you're doing a left-hand menu look, you don't need to have all the entries be in the standard blue underline format. In fact, you should change it. A list full of underlined items looks really, really horrible.

Also, anything but Times New Roman. Please. For the love of god.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed. Arial will suit you just fine.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

OK, I am new at website design (obviously) what exactly do you mean by MAPS!? And I didn't use frames. It was all done with nested tables. I have about 30 hours in on this.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good in Firebird, if that's of any use to you. You could do without the standard underlined blue links, though. CSS will work wonders. And given your interface you might consider inline frames, but that's more useful if your navbar doesn't change between pages.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "portfolio" section would look better if the background images weren't located on your F: drive.
WizArtist
Member # 1095

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
The "portfolio" section would look better if the background images weren't located on your F: drive.

CRAP....I knew I was getting too blurry eyed.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

Ok, I think I have it fixed and the slideshow on the homepage working properly.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The left navigation bar extends more than a thousand pixels down even though there are no entries in the td's.
At least in IE 6.0.

Using tables to structure your site isn't a very good idea anyway. Better than frames, yes, but still problematic in some cases.

Try to use css (cascading stylesheets). They really make for easy structuring that looks good on most "modern" browsers, i.e. Netscape /MSIE 4.0 and above as well as Mozilla, Opera and Konqueror. Don't know about Mac users.

Also, css make maintaining a consistant look across the whole site a lot easier.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps