Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Lowering The Standards (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lowering The Standards
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To play Devil's Advocate:

"Werent convinced" is a far cry from "definitely not".

I'm not saying NK has them or not, but we've seen weapons inspectors get the run-around countless times in Iraq in the late 80's- early 90's.

If Kim wanted to hide a nuke, he certainly could: really, anyone could as long as you bought it already made from somewhere else.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Korea was actively trying to prove it HAD nukes, and they didn't convince the nuclear dude. They have some mass of what appears to be refined plutonium, but whether they have critical mass is questionable, and they can't produce or refine all that much of the stuff.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, if you want the US to leave you alone, all you have to do is scream "I have a nuclear bomb, and I want to blow up Americans with it!". Bush and Co. will respond "Yeah, right. Quit bothering us.".

However, you should never say "I don't have nuclear weapons", because then the immediate response will be "You bastard! How dare you threaten the United States, Old Glory, and apple pie?! Die, scum!".

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I HAVE A HYPER NUCLEAR RADIOACTIVE DIRTY BOMB AIMED AT WASHINGTON. AND I DO NOT HAVE OIL.

That oughta do it. Let's see how they react.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
I HAVE A HYPER NUCLEAR RADIOACTIVE DIRTY BOMB AIMED AT WASHINGTON. AND I DO NOT HAVE OIL.

That oughta do it. Let's see how they react.

The 'lidless eye' of the Echelon Network is now FIXED upon this board!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are not supposed to react. After all, I don't have oil.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
The 'lidless eye' of the Echelon Network is now FIXED upon this board!

Is that kind of like the eye of Sauron?

--------------------
life creation in progress

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be what he was going for, yes.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
They are not supposed to react. After all, I don't have oil.

Ah, but saying you dont have oil only means you're hiding it. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps