Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Terrorist Supporters Back In Canada

Author Topic: Terrorist Supporters Back In Canada
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goddmanit.. when will my gov't wake up and spell the goddamned coffee??!!!

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1081513804167_70/?hub=Canada

As mentioned in this article.. they supported Al-Quaeda's attack on 9/11 - and her husband "developed relationships with the men who founded al Qaeda, including bin Laden and his deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri."

And our gov't expedited her return to Canada.... JESUS!!

Where is this country going?!?!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the same civilized direction it has always been going, I hope.

Many have spoken approvingly of 9/11. That doesn't mean they should all be rounded up and imprisoned. The ones who actually HAVE ties to A-Q, sure, but those who only sympathize with them? No. Something about not liking what people say but defending to the death their right to say it, and all that.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, this is a pretty confusing article.
Partly, because of this name "Ahmed Said Khadr", took me a while to figure out that it wasn't a verb in the middle.

First, if I'm reading the article correctly, the mother didn't support Al-Qaeda, the mother spoke approvingly about them.
Secondly, it was the father who developed relationships with Al-Qaeda, not the mother or the son which is returning.

Not that either of these things matter, because as far as I know, neither of them are crimes.

Lastly, they didn't so much expedite their return, as much as allow them to return:
quote:
Canadian officials said Thursday that they granted special one-time only passports to allow Karim and his mother to enter Canada. Both are Canadian citizens and, as such, have a right to return to the country, they said.

However, officials stressed that the Khadr family was using its own money to pay for the trip home and, because of their extended absence from Canada, would not immediately qualify for universal health care, meaning the family will also have to cover hospital bills.
Former foreign affairs official Gar Pardy said under Canada's Constitution, any Canadian citizen has a right of return.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cant say that I agree with their viewpoints and part of me wants to seriously shake the shit out of anyone that would "sympathise with Al-Queida", but opinions are not a crime.

Besides, If WE know about them, you can bet that they're being watched like fish in a bowl.

It all comes down to what "developed relationships" refers to:
if they can be considered accomplices, they need to be arrested.
If they just had them over for dinner and a movie, they're just guilty of poor taste in friends and idiotic political views.

Innocent until proven otherwise and all that.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps