Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Those "unnecessary" psychiatric drugs (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Those "unnecessary" psychiatric drugs
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The differerence there is that an ear infection is a physical problem, easily identified. Psychological problems are by their nature subjective and hard to identify. How can you tell if someone is mentally ill, or just a cry-baby? It's hard.

Being given medacine for an ear infection I see as being completly different and reasonable. You won't be taken them for ever, you're hardly
to get addicted to them.

Saying that, medicines in the US seem a LOT stronger than in the UK. I've never heard of anyone getting addiced to ear medicine. What exactly is cleratin.

BTW, I don't really find that the antihistamine (Zirtex is the brand name) helps with the hay-fever much. Although it did clear up my spots.

------------------
'You want the moon on a stick, don't you?'
-Richard Herring

Simon
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well in the US the more powerful a medicin is the more expensive it is and the more money hospitals and drug companies make from it.
IP: Logged
Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: true enough...what i meant about, though, was kind of the 'nocebo' effect someone was talking about. a LOT about medicine is psychological, as well as physical...

...or IS that what i was talking about....*scratches head and shrugs*

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: Claritin is a anti-histamine decongestant. For use when your sinus' are so stopped up you can hardly breath, your eyes are terribly swollen, and other allergic type reactions. Now why someone would perscribe it for an ear infection is beyond me.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Jedi Weyoun
Member # 110

- posted      Profile for Jedi Weyoun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
warped: because it is a decongestant, as you said, and that was part of my problem with the ear infection. ALL, i do mean ALL of my sinuses were stopped up badly, my equilibrium was all off, and my ears wouldn't equalize. *shrugs* it helped, anyways.

------------------
Clones are People Two

"The Force is like duct tape: it has a dark side and a light side, and it holds the universe together"
([[[[[[*]}�������������������������

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps