Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Sovereign Status? Intellectual, considered and informed responses.

Author Topic: Sovereign Status? Intellectual, considered and informed responses.
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, first things first. This is funnny. And scary. If you're the kind of person who actually respects institutions (or anything else for that matter) you'll probably disagree with me. Its a free world. (Or not, depending on how you look at it).

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=sovereignty.mov

Here's a direct quote from a good friend of mine after watching the above: "He is a fucking idiot!!!! What kind of babbling idiot thinks that kind of bullshit will get him out of anything?"

Now as bluntly as my friend has put it, I'd say it's a pretty good summary.

Who's for seconds?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I imagine the standard Republican response will be something along the lines of how the quote is taken out of context, followed by some witterings about 9/11, and concluding with the allegation that since the interviewer dated someone in high school who then married someone who voted Democrat, he's an extremely partisan source so it's all his fault and he tricked the President and should be shot for treason.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it my imagination, or did I hear the sound of a crowd of people laughing at him?
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were having quite a giggle.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As was I. Until I realized that this moron is currently in charge of my nation. My sovereign, sovereign nation. Unfortunately, I suspect that Lee is spot-on.
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

Balaam, well said.
David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to put some balance in here, I consider myself reasonably well informed, and I had almost no idea what the questioner was talking about. I know there's some controversy over where one sovereignty begins and the other ends, but I'm not even sure what specific problems this meta-issue applies to. This is why he has subordinates. Try this article for a defense of not knowing everything (but knowing people who can get you the answer). I suspect part of why the two sides see episodes like this differently is they have different ideas of what the proper leadership role of the president is. (Sorry, registration required for NYT.)

[ October 29, 2004, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: David Sands ]

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

lennier1
Member # 1309

- posted      Profile for lennier1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, another flash of genius from the master of the internets.
Personally I don�t care anymore about the whole topic since I�m losing the last trust in the US with every look at the poll result.
Every country gets the politicians it deserves.
Well, it�s only a matter of time until the next episode of "Dubya�s Learning By Bombing" airs on CNN.

--------------------
SFM Instructor

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope that he doesn't get bombed back anywhere near the border...

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps