Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » WMD Search In Iraq Ends (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: WMD Search In Iraq Ends
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I saw the Frontline thing too...it seems more than likely Europe will face another attack this year or next, and I'm betting it's going to be in Italy.

--------------------
Meh

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems that they consider the Spain attack a very successful one (with good reason) and will go after any allies they percieve to be "weaker".

If I have not already said these guys are total fuckers, allow me to do so now.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no question that there are some very dangerous radical Islamic extremists and that through acts of terror, some of these groups have demonstrated their total disregard for human life.

The thing is that Sadaam, though a certified goat-fucker and cruel Fascist, was not one of these radical Islamic extremists. And much as we'd like to believe he was, he was not the immediate danger and impending threat the United States attempted to make him out to be. And it seems that everyone else already knew/insisted-upon this. And so the US defied the UN (in order to enforce UN resolutions) and in doing so alienated a world which had only recently had our sympathy and support.

With the tragic events of 9/11 we had an opportunity to really make our case against the danger of these extremist groups. To form a multi-lateral coordinated world effort to seek out these groups and to undermine and dismantle them. But instead we pursued our own agenda (for entirely selfish purposes). Thereby perfectly demonstrating to the followers of these extremist groups that we are, in fact, as corrupt and horrible as they made us out to be. It would seem that if we'd really wanted to hurt those ideologies, we would have left the regime-toppling at Afghanistan.

There is so much we could have done and didn't. There is so much we have done and shouldn't have. It makes me sick to think it.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet: four more years.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But surely, four more years of Blessed American Freedom is a Good Thing! Do not listen to these deamons of the past! The Lord Jesus has blessed the Nation of God with four more glorious years of gay-free LIBERTY!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I think in 2008 you need a pro-wrestler in the White House.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would so vote for Mick Foley.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they really had such a hard-on for Saddam, they surely could have waited and invaded Iraq later.

It might have even been possible to have drove some terrorists into Iraq (if they were looking for an excuse).

Sure would be nice to see them stabilize Afghanistan before moving on to (reportedly) Iran.

Bush's call for $80 billion more in war money is a baaaaad sign.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mission Accomplished!!
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES!!!

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I write every post in this stupid font/style, perhaps people will get bored of using it all the fucking time!!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PERHAPS THE WORLD SHALL NEVER KNOW.

COOKIE

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is Saddam now? Has he been transferred to Iraq yet?
Do they have any prisons left standing? Or police stations, for that matter?

It feels like once a week I hear of some raid against an outpost/police station/tollbooth where martyrs manage to kill about 20 cops and injure hundreds of people, this is the most successful guerilla warfare I've ever heard about in history.

And I read a report that said that the corruption has multiplied exponentially after the fall of Saddam and the fall of the "regulated" corruption.

It used to be just the top cadre of Baghdad's police precincts that jailed innocent people and tortured them to extort money from them or their families, and they discouraged anyone else from intruding on their turf.
Now reports say that even the regular police forces resort to incarceration and systematic beatings, trying to get a slice of the cake.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if I'd call it the most sucessful guerilla war in history...the Vietnamese eventually brought the country under communist rule. From what I see, the chance of Zarqawi and co. creating an Islamic state in Iraq is low.

--------------------
Meh

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

If the US leaves Iraq sometime this year (yeah, riiight), there's a chance of Iraq becoming an Islamis state, but Zarqawi would probably not be head honcho.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps