Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » "It's fun to shoot people" - USMC (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "It's fun to shoot people" - USMC
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure who these "Democrats" you speak of are.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of the current big names in the Bush administration, the only one I can imagine even trying to run for office would be Rice, but I don't see it happening. Especially not if she ran for president. She wouldn't make it past the primaries, unless the other candidates really sucked. Not only does she, as mentioned, lack credibility, but she's just not very likeable.

As for the Democrats... Well, as mentioned, people are more interested in Dean as DNC chair than as president. There's the perpetual talk of Hillary-'08, but I doubt it. People seem impressed by Harry Reid's attempts to whip the Senate Dems into shape. Also, by Barbara Boxer's verbal bitchslapping of Rice.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Addenda: I guess I could also imagine Hastert running, but I don't know if he'd count as part of the administration. Also, Democrat-wise, there's the perpetual talk of Obama-'08, but that's just silly.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...I could actually see Powell running.
He's managed to distance himself from Busco now.

I dont think it will happen -though I might seriously consider voting for him if he ran.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I suspect that Powell is, at this point, probably thinking that politics can go fuck itself.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
I'm not sure who these "Democrats" you speak of are.

Remnants of a political party that Cheney is quickly feeding off of and hiding the remains. Damn that Cheney... God: "Yes Mr. Cheney?"

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ripoff

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that's referring to me Futurama Guy then yes it's a quote from American Dad. Didn't know quoting from a show was a ripoff.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next time include a complete bibliography on all posts....mabye start a website to host it and link it in your sig line instead of any silly "sci-fi" stuff.

This is a political discussion fotum after all.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This is a political discussion fotum after all.
Indeed. And the number of well considered and informed responses to a variety of issues is staggering.

[Eek!] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps