Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » No Child Left Behind Indeed!!!

Author Topic: No Child Left Behind Indeed!!!
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=593677

I don't know which of the two groups is the bigger ass-hole in the situation; the ADULT principal and teacher who felt threatened enough by a 5-YEAR-OLD to call the cops, or the cops who actually came and cuffed the kid. If there was one thing they needed to do it was to call the kid's mom and have her calm the kid down/give her a spanking.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my good god. They arrest a kid for having a temper tantrum? Christ. I'm glad schools weren't like that when I was a kid, as I would have been arrested every other day. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm blaming lack of training on this. The principal and teacher should have been able to calm or at least contain the child before she inflicted as much damage as the article says. Whoever made the phone call in the front office should have known to call the school district police instead of the local police. The cops responding to the scene should have had a better way to control an angry child than plastic ties and handcuffs.

I think the mom deserves some of the blame as well. Discipline begins in the home, and I'm wondering if the child in question is learning proper behavior at home when the mom's response to this incident is an accusation that the school and police set her child up. I know it's common and expected that five-year-olds will have their tantrams, but the mom's reaction seems to be that there's a conspiracy against her daughter instead of school and police officials not responding properly to an irrate child.

quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
...I would have been arrested every other day.

You think you would have been arrested? One of the things my peers in seventh grade did to torment me was to accuse me of having a hitlist. I didn't, but they thought it was a fun, little running gag.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I notice how nowadays people are becoming less and less willing to deal with needs of children. Its kinda sad considering there's so many children in this country and it almost seems that there's a mandate for people to have kids in our nation.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuuuuuck.

Every time I see a "horrific injustice" story, I think "Please dont let it be Florida...."

But it usually is.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least Mrs Tingle didn't shoot the stupid kid.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"British victims of crime must wrestle with a series of moral and criminal guidelines before taking action against intruders in their homes. Latest Home Office advice suggests either making a noise to scare off the burglar or staying quiet in the hope that they will leave you alone."
[emphasis added]

Wow. If only all the various people who have been attacked in their homes had known that all they had to do was yell "boo".

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

You know it be funny if that Bill passed by
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Florida's become the Wild West
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Damn It, please disregard the 4:48 post, I accidently sent it through.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, instead of editing it, you make a third post?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps