Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Climate Shift Key (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Climate Shift Key
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2005/05/10/junk-science/

I just happened to see the two parties in question - George Monbiot and David Bellamy - going at it on Channel 4 News last night. But it is amusing that one miskey has a made-up figure of 55% leap to the equivalent of 89%. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ, we'd never ever jump on some one for a typ0....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not me anyway- I'm the avatar of such things, it seems.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did everyone know that I work for The Guardian by the way? Are our journalists cool or what.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that beats my writing 500 words once every two months for a magazine with a distribution of barely 60,000. I concede.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't even have to do fact-checking for your reviews. You are not worthy.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I had to play Rome before I could play a game that was suppossed to be better than it. It was hard, gruelling work.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Not Invented Here
Member # 1606

- posted      Profile for Not Invented Here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MaGiC, although I respect you for working for such an institution, the Grauniad is well known for it's own typing mistakes.
That and an article you published recently about the possible lethality of Avian Bird Flu was also horribly inaccurate. I can't remember the subject area the author worked in, but he certainly wasn't a Doctor or Biologist, and had obviously not consulted either before writing.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Not Invented Here:
...the Grauniad is well known for it's own typing mistakes.

?

--------------------

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Grauniad story about the typo in the paper title, while amusing is apocryphal...and we all take it in good humour. Liam you're still the star writer on this board. I don't actually write for the Guardian so much as fix their PC's!

I have written a couple of articles for other publications on a freelance basis when I need some fast cash - but 'the style guide' you have to adhere to to be published in The Guardian is so long winded I can't be bothered to read it!

Not invented Here - I read the avian bird flu article, can't really remember much about it apart from it seemed to reflect stuff I'd read elsewhere already. I wouldn't have a clue if it were factual or not - I know less about Asian Bird flu that I do about well..pretty much anything really!

I guess all I was saying is that I love working here. I'm proud of the paper and what it believes in and strives to achieve. I'm glad I'm part of it.
PS - And our journos do totally rock - there's a black eye for anyone who says otherwise.... grrrr....

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

They were needlessly snobby and pithy about Revenge of the Sith. Although less so than the Independent...

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anytime I looked at IT jobs at the Gaurdian they all seemed to be Mac-only. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you do at The Guardian, MaGiC?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"What do you do at The Guardian, MaGiC?"
quote:
"I don't actually write for the Guardian so
much as fix their PC's!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Avian bird flu"? Is there a different kind of bird flu?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps