Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The gods nazi, or: "No religious freedom for you!" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The gods nazi, or: "No religious freedom for you!"
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm tempted to use words like "disturbing" or just "the fuck?", but I think we're beyond that.

And I thought judges were giving their religion a hard enough time as it was. But, I guess, when it comes to oppression, one can always find room to go that extra mile.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That judge....needs a severe wedgie.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone should roll up the constitution, laquer it to rock hardness and beat him to death with it.

I'm certain that the judge woud block any move to explose the child to Buddaist beliefs.

Welcome to the modern theocracy.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Falun Gong had better watch out. Once China gets a hold of this story (they probably already have) they will be chomping at the bit to have the U.S. deport every Falun Gong follower to the loving hands of Chinese Officials using the same logic.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: the second case

When will these people ever learn that true equality is not giving every crackpot religion recognition, but when all religions are brutally crushed into nonexistence. (in the courtroom, of course)

PS: The office of random Capitalization Called, they want Their Stuff back. Also, those damn hippies deserve every bit of American and Chinese oppression they can get, and then some. Everyone knows from Buffy that Wicca leads to apocalyptic disasters and lesbianism.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Christianity does not?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course Christianity doesn't lead to lesbianism. It leads to pederasty.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There is a discrepancy between Ms. Jones and Mr. Jones' lifestyle and the belief system adhered to by the parochial school. . . . Ms. Jones and Mr. Jones display little insight into the confusion these divergent belief systems will have upon (the boy) as he ages."

It is good that people who only had a strict Christian upbringing are never confused ever, or there would surely be generations of American mental deficients by now.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has a point though, sending your young boy to a Catholic school if you're Wiccan is a brilliant move.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you call a Psychic hotline, why is it they ask for your credit card number? Shouldn't they already know that?

With apologies to Stephen Wright.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure have trouble imagining an environment where a private school run by a church provides a better education than a public school.

Wait, no I don't.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

I went to Catholic schools for thirteen years. They're really not all that great.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, it teaches kids to watch their back...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's the whole penchant for schoolgirl uniforms thing, which I feel I missed out on.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Catholic schools, it depends on the area. My son will be entering Kindergarten this fall in a Catholic school. Around here, they're infinitely better than the messed up public schools, who are too involved in their own politics to bother with actually teaching anything.

If we lived where I grew up in Georgia, we'd be sending him to public school, like myself. (Of course, when I was growing up, there was only one (non-religious) private school, and it was just a glorified rich-kid daycare.) But the number (or lack thereof) of private schools probably says something about the quality of public education in the area.

B.J.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps