Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Multiculturalism = Bad for America? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Multiculturalism = Bad for America?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as far as crazy fun-poking goes, surely you have things the wrong way around, with the only question being whether London is replaced by Brussels or by Washington D.C.?
Albertus
Member # 1635

- posted      Profile for Albertus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Multi-culturism is a dead cert fact. Please spend your time denying it, if thats your thing.

:wave:

PS. Admin, you need to get better Emoticons, these ones suck.

[Smile]

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Articulate your responses and you will only need the emoticons as a puncutation after sarcastic remarks.

Once the US assumes control over the UK, we will make huge public works project of digging a tunnel to connect our new aquisition to the US mainland....thus repairing both economies and reducing inemployment to zero.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see the point. We have 0% inemployment here in the UK right now. I'm not sure about the figures for unemployment, however. 8)

Or did you mean "zero in employment," in which case both our nations are making great inroads on that count, by transfering manufacturing to China and Malaysia, and call centres to India?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Bones McCoy
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for Bones McCoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides, I find his point somewhat contradictory. Wasn't America as we know it today founded on multiculturalism? "Give me your poor, huddled masses, etc..."

Therefore, it would be, to quote the early sixties, 'un-American' to say that multiculturalism is bad for America..?

Unless the Lamm was making a racial comment, in which case he may soon find himself on the Lamm, due to the Lamm-basting he will hopefully receive.

But here we at least see what's right with America: free speech. No matter how stupid it is, you can still say it. Take that Saddam!

--------------------
"Brave men are vertebrates: they have their softness on the outside, and their toughness in the middle"
-Lewis Carrol

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Multiculturalism never stays. It's human nature that one must be dominate. When a majority culture starts accepting elements of other cultures it eventually leads to the rise to dominance of the minority culture and the decline of what was once the majority culture. It will always happen. If you try to equalize the different cultural components where none is dominant you create a stagnation that causes polarization and further separation of the cultures. This only serves to further bigotry and the great social engineers have only accomplished the exact opposite of their intentions.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For example?
WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look at Rome. Rome ruled what was then the known world. When it conquered Greece, it started to assimilate Greek culture into its own as a way of "Romanizing" the citizens. Soon enough the Greek idealisms became the vision of the Roman intellectuals and began to permeate throughout the Roman empire. Rome was no longer the conquering nation but a conglomerate of provinces that ended up splitting along political lines. Rome was weakened and conquered itself.

Look at America. The caucasion culture had dominated since the inception of the nation. In this century pluralism began to become the theme along with "social agendas". It was preached that people should only have 2 children and wait until their late 20's or 30's, so many have done just that. Meanwhile ethnic groups have typically not limited their reproductive numbers and tend to start much earlier. In just a few short decades, the percentage of ethnics to caucasions has swung drastically. With it has come an upswing of the ethnic cultures to the point that even caucasion youth have embraced it as their own identity. This is leading to the decline of the caucasion culture in America. Barring a second civil war in the U.S., I sincerely believe there will be a time where the caucasion will be the minority and be on the lesser end of everything from business to politics. More and more we see Latino and African influences driving both political and social agendas.

Before I get blasted as being a bigot, I'm not saying that ALL other cultures other than conservative caucasion are WRONG. God knows there is as much wrong with the caucasion culture as there is in any other. But we see the extreme polarization that is occuring in America. It started along racial lines and has progressed to political and social arenas.

I remember reading an quip by Charles Barkley, the former NBA allstar, when some of his friends were deriding him for voting Republican. They said: "How can you vote for those rich people?". He said: "I AM one of the rich people."

Well, I know I'm about to be blasted... so do I get a blindfold and last cigarette?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cigarettes'll kill ya, then who would we have to shoot?

The example of the Roman empire is flawed, as the Romans derived obedience from the provinces through assimilating their cultures, the Greek and Asian provinces were infact all that remained after the barbarian invasions of the 5th C. It was infact the Romans allowing the barbarian tribes to settle within their territory without assimilating their culture that caused the downfall of the western empire. The Vesi (always given the incorrect name Visigoths) the Burgundians, the Franks and later the Ostrogoths, all came along and started living side by side with Romans and celts who'd lived there for centuries but the 2 cultures remained separate and in the end it was the barbarians who had the armies.

Has it ever occurred to you that it is not the dominance of a minority culture that causes caucasian youths to associate themselves with hispanic or asian culture, it may be they find the caucasian culture in America wanting or at fault. There is much to deride in the WASP culture of the US. (Not that all white people in America are white anglo-saxon protestants, hell most of them are apparently of German descent)

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, not unlike the Anglo-Saxons in that respect.

By the way, Wiz, if you're going to go all white separatist on us, you could at least learn how to spell "Caucasian".

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

Sorry I am not a white separatist, skinhead, or KKK wannabe. Nor am I going all "Falling Down" on you. I just think its funny that white or western european culture is considered innately evil now while any fault in other cultures are considered a part of their diversity. I currently work in an office that has a hispanic and three Portuguese. They are quite proud to make that fact known. Yet, if I were to say "White Power" or some such nonsense they would be immediately offended. It is also funny that the 3 Portuguese also band together and undermine what I or the other "white" co-workers in my office do. I happen to be a project manager and two of the three are underlings. I treat them with the same respect I would give ANY employee and yet because I actually expect them to DO the work they were hired for. They give me nothing but hostililty

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...can we not look at Rome a comparison for America.
They really are not alike in anything except the broadest, most superficial ways.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
I don't see the point. We have 0% inemployment here in the UK right now. I'm not sure about the figures for unemployment, however. 8)

Or did you mean "zero in employment," in which case both our nations are making great inroads on that count, by transfering manufacturing to China and Malaysia, and call centres to India?

Either I slipped into a Bush-ism or the "I" is next to the "U" on my keyboard and I cant type.

I'm waiting for Congress to outscourse the House of Representatives- they've already undermined all the power once held there.

Mabye India could do those jobs cheaper....

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm all for this Caucasian revival, but there's way too much internal division around there, so I've decided to specifically yoke my cares to Nagorno-Karabakh. America was founded on Nagorno-Karabakhian values, like fighting with Azerbaijan and being persecuted by Stalin!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

That's Comrade Stalin to you, pallie. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

Sprechens Zie Irish?

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps