Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Santa Phelps is coming to town!

Author Topic: Santa Phelps is coming to town!
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
come september 5th, the honorable Fred Phelps is coming to Sweden with his congregation, to convey their message of hate to all swedes in general and the royal family in particular, over the whole �ke Green debacle.

Phelps and fifteen of his congregation will bring their signs and placards saying "God hates Sweden", "God hates fags" and "Thank God for tsunami" and carry out a demonstration.

The spokesman for the royal court says that they are looking into any way of denying Phelps entry into Sweden, the police have said that they can't be stopped from flying over unless they are a positive security threat, although the police can certainly act on Phelps if he defames the king and/or commits agitation against ethnic groups.

�ke Green himself says that he does not want Phelps to come here or to idolize him anymore.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing with keeping hate figures out is the worry that people will believe them (ie, that extremist Islamic terrorists will make Muslims in the UK think "Hmm, maybe I should start carrying bombs onto underground stations).

Here, however, it's a bit different. Unless there are Swedish people sitting there saying "Gosh, I thought that God hated us as well! I'm off Swede killing!"

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get all your male friends to dress ub drag- holding signs declaring "I love Freddie Phelps".
Possibly photoshop his head onto a drag queen nad produce your own pro-Phelps posters (declaring him the Gay Messiah).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well there'd have to be something like that. I sure hope someone does something, though. We do have a reputation to uphold.

Alas, fishnets don't sit too well on me. If anything, they make me look even more butch.
I could go as far as the Beckham, I suppose. With a saronge and teh Qui-Gon Jinn pony tail (is there a better word for it?).

I'll know more when I get the schedule of his arrival. Also, where they'll stay, how long the motorcade will be, etc.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I was thinking of flamboyantly dressing up- not to the posint where people will really think you dress that way every day.

I talking "Village People" kind of costumes.

As to getting his schedule, I'd avoid that- theres bound to be a fringe of anti-Phelps extrmists with any of that available information and you would not want to be there if things went sour.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Moore has already done all of this.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Really- to Phelps?

Got a link? I'd like to see Moore nail him.

...though it gives the creep press to have Moore aknowledge him at all.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

No, what we should do is line up two platoons of european baptists (the piano-playing, acapella-singing kind) and have them denounce him as an upstart and a charlatan.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not allowed to display the link to the wikipedia page, because of the parenthesis. It's easy enough to find.

"The Sodomobile, a pink van loaded with gay men and women, traveling across the country to US states that have on-the-books sodomy laws, to fight for gay rights. At one point they encounter Pastor Fred Phelps, famous for protesting at the funeral of Matthew Shepard, picketing during the funerals of other young gay men."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Hmmm...it's odd: I'm all for embarassing Phelps with an overwhelming display of the sterotypes he thinks all gays represent, but on the other hand, far too many bozos in the media focus on that minority aspect as if it's somehow representative of the whole.

I like the notion of other Baptists denouncing him though! Good call if you can make it happen.
...and assuming they dont agree with him (far too many Baptists in my country hold the same- if less extreme- hateful views as Phelps).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phelps is so close to full-blown insanity that the only way to embarrass him IS with stereotypes. Not that there's much challenge to it, taking the piss out of a mentally crippled old fire-and-brimstoner who is more pitiful than dangerous doesn't really tax the intellect.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

FOX wold probably give him his own show.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

I wonder how he would like it if someone copied the style of his emails and sent a "Thank God for Katrina"-mail to Phelpsville, saying how the South has gotten complacent and proud and will be washed away in God's name.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Er...except that some right-wing preachers are already saying that its God'a will that sinful New Orleans was washed away....

Fucktards.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm surprised Bush hasn't used the "It's not climate change, it's the wrath of God" argument to explain his inaction yet.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps