Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Iraq issues arrests warrants on British soldiers.

Author Topic: Iraq issues arrests warrants on British soldiers.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Story.

Can anyone tell me what these "undercover" soldiers were doing anyway?

I hear a theory that they were investigating connections between insurgents and the police- that would explain them shooting tow Iraqi policemen rather than allow themelves to be peacefully arrested (and their rescue by british troops) but nothing is confirmed that I can find.

A few failed rocket attacks have been launched at US and British troops as a result...it could get much worst though.

Opinions?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, given that the last Basra police chief reckons that only around 25% of his force is loyal, I don't blame them for returning fire. Given the size of the radical Shi'a militias, it's unsurprising that Iraqi authorities are willing to pander to them.

Also, the recue was entirely justified give that they'd just been handed over (by the police, ignoring instructions from Baghdad to release them) to the militia.

Ultimately, it's just a little local difficulty.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think on the BBC site it said they were investigating links between insurgents and Iran.

--------------------
Meh

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps