Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Cognitive differences in gender... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cognitive differences in gender...
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I try not to do anything for anyone just to avoid having to reply to a "Thank you."
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know enough about men and women for me to make a statement about the differences in behavrior or thoughts. My only friends thses past 20 years have been my psychologist and my mother. However, I do know that the "hunter-gatherer" theory that Baloo stated is collapsing in face of evidence to the contrary. Women are being shown to have a greater influence in society, to being even the leaders of societies tens of thousands of years ago. And the Venus figurines, which were believe to be blessings to fertility, are now being seen as tools of the birthing process (i.e. spiritual midwives). I like when the past is not idealized or simplified.
IP: Logged
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the mental imagery associated with "killing" my purchase and dragging it home. It helps me sublimate agression which otherwise might find socially unacceptable expression.

[Twitch!]

--Baloo

------------------
If God Himself walks up to you and tells you to found a new religeon, ask for some I.D.
You're probably talking to an imposter.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps