Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Morons who talk too much (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Morons who talk too much
LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I'm on the elevator by myself when these two teens (a guy and a girl) get on. I'm minding my own business -- I've got things on my mind and I'm carrying two bags full of groceries in each hand. As the elevator goes up, I keep to myself just watching the floors go by. Then I hear the girl whisper to the guy:

"I bet he doesn't even realize were on the elevator."

WTF? First, the girl (moron) is standing 3 feet away from me, and she thinks if she whispers, I'm not going to hear her.

Second, as if I'm supposed to give a damn about these two?! What the hell was she expecting me to do? Acknowledge her divine presence with gifts of incense and wine?

I'm not sure what I'm more pissed off about, the nerve of her at trying to whisper something about me while I'm standing right next to her, or the fact that they expected me to give a damn about the both of them in the first place.

To hell with them.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher <-- livin la vida loca

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's rather odd. How could she think anyone wouldn't know they're on an elevator?

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Walter Barnett: "D-Did that thing just shatter an overpass into dust?"
Donny Finkleberg: "No, I...I think it was an entrance ramp."

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your reply could just as well have been:

"Excuse me, but are you trying to be rude or are you just stupid?"

--Baloo

------------------
Vote Baloo for
Curmudgeon-in-Chief!
"I'm not as old as dirt, but I remember when it was under warranty!"
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

LB4747
Ex-Member

True, but I'm afraid I lack the tact to have pulled that off effectively.

------------------

LB4747
Ex-Member

Upon further reflection, was *I* the one being rude? Could she have taken offense at the fact I didn't acknowledge either of them with a polite greeting? I'll be the first to admit I'm not the most sociable guy; rather introverted, really.

Jeez, now I really wonder if I had it coming.

------------------

Trinculo
Ex-Member

There are three ways I perceive that people choose to ignore another person-personal adornment, emotional, and physical.

[This message was edited by Trinculo on May 04, 1999.]

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, I don't think you had it coming. It isn't required anywhere to greet every single person you see. Whenever I get in the elevator, I usually smile at the people in there. Most of the time I'm ignored, but it's never bugged me. I understand that some people aren't very sociable. They aren't being rude; they're just being themselves.

The only person in your story who has a problem is that girl. She was just being blatantly rude for saying that. She must have unresolved issues from something if she seemed put off by your not acknowledging her.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

LB4747
Ex-Member

Siegfried, all good points you make. I very much appreciate it.

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Oh, no, I know you're on the elevator, I was just thinking over whether I should bring your obvious personal hygiene problem to your attention."
-or-
"Oh, I know you're here, I just have deemed you too insignificant to waste my time addressing."
-or-
*look up, blink twice* "OH, I WONDERED what that smell was..."

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*enters*
Oh, sorry. I just felt that after reading the title I should be in this thread...for some reason....

*exits*

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

*Nods to himself, follows Monty*

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, to quote Friends: 'you'd be great to have around the day AFTER an emergency'

------------------
'You want the moon on a stick, don't you?'
-Richard Herring

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got mad? Wound a bit to tight aren't we. I would have looked around confused and shouted "Where's that maddening whispering coming from!"

Or put my groceries down and shot them.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks around vacantly*

Was a dog barking, or was it me? ... *goes back to watching the elevator floors change*

------------------
When I saw you I fell in love,
and you smiled because you knew
- Unkown

...if you should die before me,
ask if you could bring a friend...
- Unkown

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cargile seems to have the right idea. Though I wouldn't go to the extreme of shooting them.

------------------
'Sir, you've been ordered not to take Polermo'

'Ring General HQ, ask them if they want me to give it back'.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps