Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » No 70-some Virgins for You! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: No 70-some Virgins for You!
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time has more on what Mr. Moussaoui remaining days will be like.

quote:
Where Moussaoui Is Likely to Spend Life in Prison

In the maximum security facility known as the "Alcatraz of the Rockies," he would lead a solitary existence cut off from the country he hates so much
By BRIAN BENNETT/WASHINGTON

Posted Thursday, May. 04, 2006

Zacarias Moussaoui will live out the rest of his days surrounded by poured concrete, with a thin horizontal window providing his only view of the country he conspired to attack. He'll be in this cell at all times except for the 90 minutes he'll get five days a week to go outside into a caged courtyard to exercise on his own, with no contact with other inmates. This is life at ADX Florence, the maximum security prison in the high desert of southeastern Colorado where the convicted 9/11 conspirator will almost certainly begin his life sentence. (The Bureau of Prisons won't officially confirm his destination until he arrives.)

Moussaoui, 37, will likely be held in the most restrictive part of the prison, sleeping on a thin, green mattress that rests on an unforgiving concrete bed. He can sit on a concrete stool at a concrete desk to write letters and read books. Above him at all times will be a video camera monitoring his every move. If he is well behaved, he could eventually be allowed to have a black-and-white television in his cell that plays, on closed circuit, religious programs, psychological help tapes or educational shows. His toilet can flush only a certain number of times an hour so he can't flood his room to get the guard's attention. For the same reason, his shower will run only for a short period of time.

Although Moussaoui won't get to mingle, he will be near other notorious inmates at ADX Florence including Unabomber Theodore Kaczynski, Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols, attempted shoe bomber Richard Reid, 1993 World Trade Center mastermind Ramzi Yousef, 2000 Atlanta Olympics bomber Eric Rudolph and FBI agent turned Soviet spy Robert Hanssen.

----

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While certainly not ethical, I'd change the last chapter in his Quoran to be a comic featuring a Mohammed/Spider-Man team up, wherein the day is saved from infidels by Hostess Fruit Pies.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theodore Kaczynski, Terry Nichols, Richard Reid, Ramzi Yousef, Eric Rudoloph, and Robert Hanssen.

It's the terrorist Dream Team!

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's probably this lot that Wesley Snipes was unthawing at the end of Demolition Man.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(his reference to the now-dead Jeffrey Dahmer can be attributed to a slight case of Riker-Yamato Syndrome)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Yes, it's probably this lot that Wesley Snipes was unthawing at the end of Demolition Man.

Now that would have been a funny end to a laughably lame movie.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just didn't like the fact that it was Taco Bell that survived the franchise wars and not Pizza Hut.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd, since every time I've seen of those two recently has been a combo store of both of them.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. The only Taco Bell that I'm aware of in the vicinity (like, within a 3 hour drive) is a combo store with KFC...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I dont eat any "fast food"- it's pretty vile (though I recall Pizza Hut being okay, if really greasy).

Taco Bell in Florida uses "grade C" meats- lips, feet and ass in a burrito! mmmm!mmm!good!

Besides, there are really good pizza and mexican joints here that are open 24/7.

Now we just need a 24 hour chinese resturant!
Not even in San Fran did I find that though...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pizza Slut sucks. Fast food pizza is just wrong.
We had a Taco Bell here that was part of a corner store, I could barely go into the store without wanting to puke.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Pizza Hut here is actually pretty good. There are a couple other pizza places that are WAY more greasy than PH, I'm talking rainstorms of grease every time you pick up a slice. We don't have Taco Bell here, we have Taco Time. Same thing. We have a couple good pizza places such as Boston Pizza, Panago pizza (Thier teriyaki chicken pizza is really good) and Venice House pizza. Thier pizza sause is really spicy.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have we still not put the rule saying "anyone who changes the spelling of company or other noun for 'humorous' effect because they are radical and hip and want to stick it to the man will have their username replaced with 'titty-face'. Examples include Micro$oft, Apple Crap, and George W. Bush" in the UA yet?

(Besides, what does Pizza Slut even mean? You get a bread and cheese based meal which will sleep with you on the first date?)

Pizza Hut is okay as a restaurant, although the only time I tend to go in there is if they're doing their lunchtime buffet, which is when they put out the worst pizzas, so it's not really a far example.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

Taco Bell in Florida uses "grade C" meats- lips, feet and ass in a burrito! mmmm!mmm!good!

AND they don't actually COOK food on the premises. They take bags of predone crap and stick it in a "Thermalizer" then dump it in a warmer.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet, delicious.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps