Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Does this seem even remotely like justice being served? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Does this seem even remotely like justice being served?
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes "Justice" isn't so much about an eye for an eye, or even rehabilitation. For justice to truly work, the repercussions for violations need to be severe enough, and served swiftly enough, that it forms a deterrent to that behavior from other individuals. If the cost of being caught far outweighs the gain from the crime, there is little incentive in the activity. Granted, there will ALWAYS be those who will do as they please regardless of the price. These should receive the most vigorous sentencing and serve as a warning to those who MIGHT consider that course of action.

As far as rehabilitation goes, there will generally be relapses, often times multiple occasions. Change has to occur on the most basic level of who an individual is and that only comes with conviction of and repentence for the action.

Unfortunately, our society has deemed there to be no morals anymore and without that basic building block, laws become subject to whims, agendas, and personal attitudes. I would not be surprised if the judge in this case might have a little secret of their own. A person will likely pass a lighter judgement on an individual when they are also guilty of similar behaviour.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Oh, yes, let's breed super-gonorrhea.

I meant a HIV coctail might be in order -though I'd assume some sort of mandatory STD test was/will be given to the father to see what other diseases he's got first.
quote:

I fully agree that there's no much statistical chance of this guy ever being rehabilitated. Which as far as I'm concerned means there shouldn't be much chance of him being let back into society. Yeah, rehabilitation doesn't actually happen in any justice system. I'm just saying it would be optimal. [/QB]

First we'd have to really find out why some people are sick child-rapist fucks- dirty work that few are doing.

I'm all for rehab for drug offenders and non-violent crimminals though: once asentene is served it should be done- not used to humiliate and limit a person socially/economicly.

That alone would drasticly reduce the recurrance rate of many crimes.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tough to imagine, but this bitch is probably worse than mr. child-rapist.

She'll (hopefully) get a real jail sentence though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There isn't a punishment harsh enough for someone like that. Sickening.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If she were a man, I'd say off with their cock. But I don't know what would be appropriate in this case...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well duh!? The council of elders must obviously sentence the daughter to a thorough stoning for being a harlot. The mother, now relieved of shame, may then marry her brother-in-law to make newer, better daughters.
Dismissed. *bang* Next!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if they do say "Jehovah?"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps