Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I'm running for congress (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I'm running for congress
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Have you considered running for a local office first?"

"Local office holds no appeal to me."

Isn't that a bit like applying for your first job and saying "Data entry holds no appeal for me. Do you have anything in a Vice-President of Marketing position?"

In other words, why should people elect you to represent hundreds of thousands of people (and a major city) in the national government, when you don't even have experience representing more than one person?

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say because the people who have experience aren't doing a terribly good job, and thus experience isn't all it's cracked up to be in this regard.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Experience" is what you get when you were really expecting something else.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Blue387
Member # 2157

- posted      Profile for Blue387     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, if you want to read a good book on the corruption in state and local politics, try Three Men in a Room by Seymour Lachman, a former state senator here in New York. It's not a long read and it came out around three years ago but it's a good book on what happens when power corrupts.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Congress" is capitalized.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure to make that joke about how "Congress" is the opposite of "Progress".
A real crowd pleaser, that one.

You could YouTube yourself- or go on CurrenTV asking voters what THEY really want in a Congressman.
Go with the younger voters- they eventually do vote, you know.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps